• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froogloid ~ a2b Application coming soon!

Well, after the first weekend of support for fee based applications, I'm happy to say a2b is the number 1 paid travel app! For those that downloaded the app, what have your experiences been? How have you used the app?

For those that haven't tried a2b here's a brief description:

Lets you:
+Take a picture
+Make voice recording
+Type free text note
+Store GPS Coordinate

What it does:
+Navigates you from current location to your stored location while referencing recording, picture, and notes. Follow green navigation arrow on map!
+Screenshots: http://www.froogloid.com/froogloid/a2b-screenshots

Upvote 0
I was thinking up a same app.... would like to see a radar attached to it, also maybe a gps cookie crumb left from my walking trail to see if I'm walking back on the same path - for trails.. Radar would be a cool feature to this... also If you could set mutible locations - say at a mall to remind me to go to store c to pick up socks before I leave the mall... I have lots of ideas to add to this app to make it really cool.

very interested if had more !

Upvote 0
A Cool App!.... Dummy me... when I saw "store location" I thought it mean't the store you were shopping at instead of "storing" the location.

I guess I'm easily confused... sorry! :thinking:

Looks like this would be cool tool for hiking, or any situation where you venture into the unknown..... "like Disneyland" for instance!... I hate those places! :D

Don't think we get radar though since there is no radar on the phone to work with....... but can we have just a small infared phaser to warm rocks on the way if we get cold? :eek:

Upvote 0
It is on the market now. $2.99 seems reasonable to me. No getting lost in the mall this Christmas season! Nice.

Cool.. has anyone tried it on the Droid?.... and if so how did you like it?

I just installed it..... haven't tested it yet... I had to install the radar to get that to work and I don't think that works right....

How do you delete locations?

Upvote 0
Wow!... I just went and tested it.. its creepy cool on my Droid!
I went ahead and just bought it.

Don't forget to install the app called "radar" to activate the radar portion.

I set my location "sitting on my couch in my house" and walked out to my car... already the radar said I was 14 yrds away... got in my car and drove around the block.. got almost 500 yrds away from my couch and the radar kept a constant lock on my original location and footage of how far I was away and the direction to get back.
I can go to satellite mode "very old maps, but accurate" or I can go to map mode and zoom up and see details of my streets. Can get browser driving directions or through maps.

The radar was the funnest!

I could see this as a very useful app for hunting or wandering anywhere... disney land, gator swamps, parking malls and find your car.. or even find your way back home from a trip.....

The coolest prog I've seen.....

YOu can prompt it to disable gps upon exit if you like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones