1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root FroydVillain Help?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AidanW, Aug 20, 2010.

1. AidanW

AidanW Active Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Little help needed, or extra info if you care. I have just flashed this ROM onto my hero and been playing around with it for a little while. Do you only get the 3 screens though? I have seen on this video posted around these threads YouTube - 3 New Killer Features Added to LauncherPro! and he seems to have the standard 7 screens.. Would the Launchpro app give me my screens back? or was that just a feature of the Sense UI that i no longer have?
    Cheers, A

Advertisement

2. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    You need to have a poke around in the settings, you can pick the number of screens (and a tonne of other things) in there.

From the homescreen, hit Menu and then pick Preferences.

3. AidanW

AidanW Active Member

Feb 9, 2010
    yes, i found that out shortly after i posted haha thanks anyway. Now i have a new problem, everytime i try to download something off the market, it reports Download unsuccessful.. any ideas?

L.E- Actually think its the Installing which is the problem not the downloading

4. stoney73

stoney73 Guest

are you trying to download free or paid apps? I remember getting the 'Download unsuccessful' error when trying to buy an app and I'd entered the wrong cc details lol.

5. Karum

Karum Active Member

Mar 28, 2010
    I sometimes get the Download Unsuccessful message and tbh I'm not sure what causes it as it pops up every now and again. Normally a reboot would fix it for me but still sometimes it happens.

6. ticho

ticho Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Slovakia
    Check in the FroydVillain 1.4.x release post (first post of the thread) - a fix is mentioned there. Another fix is reported to be migrating your @googlemail.com account to @gmail.com, as it seems to only be an issue for those with @googlemail.com accounts. No idea if it's really true, but in any case, I was able to download stuff from the Market just fine, and I use @gmail.com account for my Hero.

7. stoney73

stoney73 Guest

my googlemail acc works fine.

8. bluenova

bluenova OK Computer

Jan 11, 2010
    Driver
    W Midlands, UK
    First thing to try is clearing the Market cache in Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.

If that doesn't help try removing the directory .android_secure from your SDCard

If that still doesn't help... post back :)

Tags: