• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo = 2.1 in disguise!

What Are You More Exited About?

• Froyo is the best treat ever (2.2)!

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • Eclair's are better (2.1)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like Johnny 5 - I need more input!

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Leave Me Alone!

Votes: 11 8.6%

• Total voters
Your an idiot, your probably butthurt because verizon charged you for something you should have been overcharged for to begin with lol, first off google has nothing to do with allowing apps on the marketplace or not, hence an OPEN community, it was tmobile first who threw a fit because of the free tethering option and so forth, yes there are ways to do it but it voids terms and conditions on most carriers, which in turn voids the warranty on the phone. Verizon has been waiting for and will embrace a way to tether your phone to the cp, the 30 dollars monthly to have internet on your phone as well as 5g for tethering is a hell of a lot better than buying a seperate air card and paying 60 for 5g of usage..... and secondly, palm wanted a way to sell that phone, releasing it the middle of the uproar of the droid was probably a mistake by itself, the only people who like the phone are palm fanboys and people who want an "entry level" pda.

3rdly, know your facts, Verizon just went over 100m customers and has bought out multiple companies.... a dying company.....please rofl @ you

First of all, Verizon never charged me for anything because I don't abuse tethering. They simply cannot say anything about Google's available apps on the Market. Google is providing apps through the Market to MANY different carriers and just because the apps don't please one carrier doesn't mean they can demand that it comes off the Market. T-Mobile and Verizon can raise hell all they want now, but PdaNet is staying on the Market. Verizon decided to offer free tethering on the Palm; they need to get rid of the stock of crappy phones that they have.

Upvote 0
What are the benefits of saving apps to your SD card? And I'm guessing it would be a good idea to put apps that take up around 1 mb or more on the SD card, like soundboards, and to keep small and often used apps saved on the internal memory, correct?

You can install as many apps as you want and not worry about space. Also, it's good because you don't need to re-download them if you decide to wipe your device if you change ROMs (rooted).

Upvote 0
Only thing I would be worried about is the SD card going from constantly using it while accessing apps.

Well at least most of the activity involving apps will involve reading, which doesn't affect flash memory. And either way, flash memory has a pretty damn long lifespan. It has a lifespan for sure, but it's LONG.

Upvote 0
I actually am going to agree with you, BlueIce. I think Android 2.2 really might have been 2.1 when it was originally written, but the developers couldn't release it with its "special features" because they must have run into problems. The only reason I say this is because I remember seeing a demo of the new 3D launcher on YouTube with a special SDK of it.

Maybe it really was meant to be 2.1..

Upvote 0
I actually am going to agree with you, BlueIce. I think Android 2.2 really might have been 2.1 when it was originally written, but the developers couldn't release it with its "special features" because they must have run into problems. The only reason I say this is because I remember seeing a demo of the new 3D launcher on YouTube with a special SDK of it.

Maybe it really was meant to be 2.1..

Maybe flash wasn't ready and they got sick of hearing people complain?

Upvote 0
Your an idiot, your probably butthurt because verizon charged you for something you should have been overcharged for to begin with lol, first off google has nothing to do with allowing apps on the marketplace or not, hence an OPEN community, it was tmobile first who threw a fit because of the free tethering option and so forth, yes there are ways to do it but it voids terms and conditions on most carriers, which in turn voids the warranty on the phone. Verizon has been waiting for and will embrace a way to tether your phone to the cp, the 30 dollars monthly to have internet on your phone as well as 5g for tethering is a hell of a lot better than buying a seperate air card and paying 60 for 5g of usage..... and secondly, palm wanted a way to sell that phone, releasing it the middle of the uproar of the droid was probably a mistake by itself, the only people who like the phone are palm fanboys and people who want an "entry level" pda.

3rdly, know your facts, Verizon just went over 100m customers and has bought out multiple companies.... a dying company.....please rofl @ you
who sh!t in your cereal this morning ...

Reactions: inssane
Upvote 0
Yeah, you know what man, you might be right! I mean, think about it: didnt many of those demos made for 2.1 consist of a lot of features from 2.2?

I'm starting to believe more and more that this was 2.1 in disguise. Good catch, BlueIce.

Thanks. I didn't think about it until I heard about Gingerbread scheduled for the end of the year. I mean 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3(presumably) all in 1 year?! Seems fishy to me. And it seems to be counter productive to Androids attempt at solving the fragmentation problem.

Upvote 0
Thanks. I didn't think about it until I heard about Gingerbread scheduled for the end of the year. I mean 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3(presumably) all in 1 year?! Seems fishy to me. And it seems to be counter productive to Androids attempt at solving the fragmentation problem.
I agree -- it doesn't make much sense. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next week (hopefully we'll get some more press releases).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones