• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Froyo 2.2.1] Market Download unsuccessful

Confirmed here: market issue, now resolved.

Earlier tonight I was having exactly the same issue (about 3 hours ago). Tried unsuccessfully to clear Market data, clear downloader data, restart Market, uninstall Market updates, airplane mode off/on, reboot the phone, and Googled the heck out of it, finally resolved to come back to my computer and research it later. Finally decided to look it up now 3 hours later, and I came across death2all110's post above... decided to retry my Google Maps update (one of a few "updates" I've been trying to install). Sure enough, not even having touched my phone since then, started working again.

Sure would be nice if Market would actually provide some kind of status or error report instead of just going "Blurr'k... unsuccessful". :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones