• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo 2.2 Overhyped?

My take on it is the same as many on here... It's over hyped if you don't actually use your phone to its potential or you can't be arsed to experiment and work out how a certain app or function could actually benefit you.

How can Tethering NOT be regarded as a BIG improvement. From a technological point of view, it is amazing. Granted not new but to cram the facility into a handset that already works overtime trying to keep everyone happy is remarkable.
720 Video. C'mon guys, again, nowt new but a major improvement. If you upload stuff to youtube alot then it's going to be a massive benefit.
Think reporters capturing news, people who do video blogs, friends who capture something and want to share it on facebook or just show you on their device down the pub. The days of watching pixelated, incorrectly exposed clips have taken a huge step forward in being consigned to the bin....
Sync with iTunes...... C'mon now, allowing the facility to release those poor ba5tards from the Apple marketing machine and feel that they can now experience another format without worrying about loosing the hundreds of songs they'd purchased over the years.... Brilliant.
Speed... is it any faster? I'm not so sure as it is noticeably quicker. However it is a default comment for people with nothing else to say :D
And the biggy for most of us (judging by the complaints I read) Apps to SD. OMG!! How can you all just dismiss this as a minor upgrade? I have a 16Gb card just sitting idle really, yet I'm always being told that I have low disk space. It's ludicrous that the kit wasn't designed to run apps from the SD card. I'm no techie but I rekon there was a reason and I'm chuffed to bits that they have sorted it out.
OK so most of the apps at the moment won't transfer to the SD card but give it a few weeks and the developers will catch on and update or redevelop the app.
It's a MASSIVE step forward and will help keep your equipment current for many months to come :D
I for one appreciate the efforts of the folk who have made this possible and it kinda winds me up to see folk dismissing and dissing it just because it won't do one tiny thing. The fact is, it probably would if you understood your equipment and spent a little time troubleshooting. That's half the fun for me. If something doesn't quite work, can I sort it out? If I do, you can bet I learnt alot about the phone whilst working it out :D
Get involved and stop complaining I say :D

+10!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones