• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo (2.2) wishlist

Native tethering. If my 3 year old subsidized, locked V3xx could do it, my $529 unsubsidized, unlocked phone should be able to as well. To heck with what the carriers want. Let's get the CAPABILITY in place and then have the fight with the poor put upon carriers over why that capability forces bigger bills. Maybe it would speed the march to pricing by the bit used, not by the capability.

BT handsfree dialing of a locked phone. Ditto what the 3 year old V3xx could do.

PS - sounds like maybe you should stick with the V3XX if you think it's that great ;)

You can install PDAnet without rooting your device. It's not "native", but it took all of 3 minutes to install on my netbook & Nexus One. It's free if you don't need https and only $30 to purchase. And using Bluetooth it can tether wirelessly.

WiFi Tethering - it's native to my cooked Desire ROM :D - works 100x better than PDANet ever did... in comparison, I would not go back to PDANet unless it was my last resort... it was so flaky... would never keep a consistent connection... i kept having to reconnect... with 'Wireless Tethering' (that's the name of the app/widget)... i've been connected for 3hrs straight so far and not a single hiccup in the connection... SUPER stable... even took a call WHILE connected to data... had a 20min conversation, flawless voice... data kept chugging.... it rocks! ;)

4478217312_fd8b0b465f.jpg

Upvote 0
Ability to slow the processor speed (or some kind of auto setting) to save battery life on days you know you can't get a charge up. True 24-bit viewer gallery. 25 fps video recording. Turn on the LED when shooting video. More in-phone photo and video editing features. Yeah I know... I should probably root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones