• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FroYo 2.2 Youtube explanatory video...

Pretty sure the integration of Sense is what will take them a while to roll out 2.2 to the HTC Incredible. It is already being made available to the Nexus One because that device doesn't run Sense. The Incredible does so now they have to integrate sense into the 2.2 FroYo Update before they put it out in the market.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure you're following me. There is zero difference between USB tethering and a WiFi hotspot. Both offer a way to transfer a connection between the device and a computer. VZW didn't disable USB tethering, they just require you to purchase a plan to use it. There's NO reason to think they'd completely remove the WiFi ability.

Upvote 0
Of course we'll have senseui. Thats HTC's baby. It'll take just a little longer to get pushed out the door due to its integration, but it shouldn't be too bad. I'm guessing due to the fact google is pushing the manufacturers to get everyone on 2.2 asap, that the incredible version of 2.2 will be the first to market on the htc handsets. Expecially considering how popular the incredible has been. You gotta figure the evo won't even come close to the incredible in terms of sales, mostly due to it being on the #3 wireless carrier and its very limited 4g wimax coverage. I think those who were waiting for more specs on the evo are now going to jump 2 feet in on the incredible, which is imo one of the reasons for the extended delays and stock shortages. If so many people didn't want the phone we wouldn't have the shortage we do now. But due to its short list of viable competitors its going to be the most popular handset since the original droid.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure you're following me. There is zero difference between USB tethering and a WiFi hotspot. Both offer a way to transfer a connection between the device and a computer. VZW didn't disable USB tethering, they just require you to purchase a plan to use it. There's NO reason to think they'd completely remove the WiFi ability.

Yeah but the original question probably was asking if it would be free (implicitly at least).

Anyone who pays for it... well I hope you have a really good reason.

Upvote 0
Considering I have an Apple Computer, am not paying, and am posting this while tethered via bluetooth, the LOL is on you!

I just thought it was funny they would use it in their demo. Kind of like another subtle shot at Apple saying look what works with Apple - not the iPhone.

(BTW, we have both the same phones eris and inc - Kudos! )

Upvote 0
Pretty sure the integration of Sense is what will take them a while to roll out 2.2 to the HTC Incredible. It is already being made available to the Nexus One because that device doesn't run Sense. The Incredible does so now they have to integrate sense into the 2.2 FroYo Update before they put it out in the market.

I believe that the Nexus One is going to have it so soon because it is the Google Phone. Other phones, like the Droid, won't get it as quickly. All of the tests and live runs of 2.2 have been on the Nexus One, this also leads me to believe that the majority of the testing was done on that particular phone.

Upvote 0
The ability for multiple devices to piggy-back your wifi may raise some eyebrows. I know I'd not purchase the new EVO, but I would happily share their hotspot should they be nearby. USB tethering only allows for one device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones