1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Froyo 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ostate24, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Ostate24

Ostate24 Newbie

Was wondering if anyone has tried to put Froyo on there Cappy yet or if it is even possible? I know we only got a month yet till its hopefully released for us but thought maybe someone got the jump on it!

2. naxir

naxir Member

There have been numerous threads asking the same question. answer is that the international version has froyo but flashing it onto ours yields a lot of bugs since we require a different kernel than them.

3. sremick

sremick Android Expert

Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate Captivate

"Cappy" sounds so incredibly lame and immature. Let's not insult our phone, shall we? :D

4. kisner

kisner Newbie

all i can picture is happy gillmore saying "just give it a little cappy...cap cap cappy....cap cap caperoo"

5. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

What's a cappy?

6. Graceflanger

Graceflanger Newbie

Agreed..please lets not call it a cappy.

7. kisner

kisner Newbie

it's like a captivate...only extremely homo.

8. acertainman

acertainman Newbie

Lol. I've been thinking the same thing but I'm new to the forum and just wanted to fit in, so I remained silent. :p

9. Vtec

Vtec Member

Lol

10. Ostate24

Ostate24 Newbie

11. John I

John I Well-Known Member

Any word on when the 2.2 will be pushed onto the average man on the street's Captivate? Those of us who don't feel the need to root or run beta ROMs etc would like to know!

John

(Who also hates when people call is a cappy. It's a freakin Captivate!)

12. Ostate24

Ostate24 Newbie

Its a phone people relax....anyways they are calling for it to be released in September!

13. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Android Enthusiast

Not until late this year....Unfortunately.....

14. ronaldramsayii

ronaldramsayii Android Enthusiast

The Vibrant already has Froyo loaded onto it. I imagine someone will get it running on the Captivate soon. I don't have mines yet, so i can't do to much.

15. King Stampede

King Stampede Member

Can someone please explain to me what big changes Froyo will bring to the Captivate?

Will it speed up the phone? New features?

I played with my coworkers EVO that had Froyo and in all honesty it felt like my Captivate was a little snappier.

16. TDQuiksilver

TDQuiksilver Well-Known Member

I could have swore the Vibrant ran 2.1. Eclair.

17. King Stampede

King Stampede Member

The Vibrant does have Eclair. My cousin got his Vibrant a week ago and I checked. He was rocking Eclair.

18. smeltn

smeltn Member

What he meant was the dev community already has a modded it to run 2.2

19. mesasone

mesasone Well-Known Member

The three big changes are that you will be able to store applications on your SD card, support for all 512mb of RAM (currently we're only using 325 or something like that), and JIT (Just In Time) compiling which makes the phone 3-5 times faster. Yes, 300-500% faster. There are other features of course, such as native wireless tethering - although you can bet AT&T will be disabling that feature ($$$).

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews