• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root froyo alarm

topaz330

Apr 29, 2010
anyone have problems with turning off the alarm in froyo? when my alarm goes off i unlock the phone using my security code and it brings me to the home screen with no way to turn off the alarm. it drives me nuts cause i need to restart the whole phone to turn it off. anyone have this problem?

anyone have problems with turning off the alarm in froyo? when my alarm goes off i unlock the phone using my security code and it brings me to the home screen with no way to turn off the alarm. it drives me nuts cause i need to restart the whole phone to turn it off. anyone have this problem?

I had the same thing happen with a 3rd party alarm app, sorry I can't remember the name right now. I attributed it to being a shortcoming of the app as it relates to 2.2. When using the stock "clock" app, I have no problems.

Upvote 0
I think hulu is running and disabling your lock screen so the phone dosent know how to tell you the alarm is goin off. Try kill hulu before bed and see how it works in the morning. Happened to me too.

... Does the guy (or girl) even have Hulu going at all? I haven't seen anything to suggest this... However, I was having the same issue thursday and friday when I ran into this thread. I got to investigating, and could not find what was causing the "dismiss/snooze" button to come up, however if you go into the alarm clock settings you can set your volume rocker to either dismiss or snooze the alarm clock.

Upvote 0
i do have hulu but i don't have it running. in my case the alarm goes off, i unlock the phone and it brings me to the homescreen. i tried but the side rockers don't work. it just raises the ringer volume from the home screen and nothing happens on the lock screen. this is frustrating...

Upvote 0
I see this thread is kind of old now, but I'm having the same problem. I'm using the normal lock screen. The problem started after a manual update to Froyo on my Moto Droid. There are now two stock clock apps in the app drawer - the first one doesn't display the date and time correctly (some weird characters and symbols). The second clock app seems to work fine.

Except the I'm having this problem with the alarm. The only way to get the alarm to stop is by turning the phone off or force stopping the app through the application manager. Also, the alarm doesn't always malfunction like this, but it seem to do it most of the time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones