• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

froyo aug 6th? (link to article)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't think flaming a forum source is very funny and I'm not Tonto. This thread has been reported.

OK mister hall-monitor, run and tell the assistant principal.

There has to be a point where u realize that people just want attention.

I realized that about Steven long ago...so many people buy into his schlep-ness though...never figured that out. I would rather read infinite lies/rumors/half-truths about OTA/Froyo release than listen to some people's self-serving endless dribble.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Upvote 0
The great sin of this thread is another fake "confirmed" post based on an obviously "hit" motivated "leak" from a site selling stuff. Androidspin.

Mega lame, but kudos to Motorola and HTC working together for same time Froyo release! Not!!!!!!

Also kudos to VZW working overtime to support such a huge same-time rollout! Again.... Not!!!!!!!

Androidspin can now be added to the Burn Notice along with MW ;) Really.

Upvote 0
hahaha, I actually had to look at what thread I was in, this is a fun one.
Thin-skinned, rantings, ventings mad about this, mad about you being mad, cool beans indeed.
Much more lounge like than The lounge , seems to be almost a private club over there. No probs with that, it just reminds me of an IM chat room.

Upvote 0
Not to beat a dead horse, but what you all are failing to understand is that Weston, in BIG BOLD TYPE, said that FROYO was going to be released on July 16th, not a simple, small OTA update. He (or mods) has since dramatically edited his originally post.

This wasn't a matter of someone calling for "an update" or "solid" intel about an OTA update having a delay. It was a matter of an unsubstantiated rumor (FROYO being released on July 16th) turning out to be completely false.

The fact that an OTA update (not Froyo) was leaked on that day has nothing to do with his original claim that FROYO would be released on July 16th. Either his source was completely and unequivocally wrong about what kind of update was in the works or Weston misinterpreted what his source told him.

Actually, I think the fact the update has been leaked shows they were close to having an OTA update. The update didn't come as Verizon apparently decided to roll it in with the Froyo update. It's not the first time that Verizon pulled the plug at the last second.

Everybody seems to think that to be open to the possiblilty that this is how it happened is to be a moron. So if it doesn't happen, does the world come crashing down? Do the interweb gods take away your surfing ability? Or take away your birthday? I waited for the July 16th update, and when it didn't come, I kept on going. I didn't curl into a ball and cry or spend the weekend eating bon bons and watching lifetime (not that there's anything wrong with that:D).

For all the people who come on these threads and ridicule people for posting rumors, if it incenses you so much, pass the thread by. You act like you are protecting the internet because a blog will pick up the rumor and report it on their site. Those blogs are going to report rumors with or without us. How about leave the moderating to the mods and instead contribute where you can, helping people out with problems or posting about new apps. Maybe we should create a separate section like the tips section for rumors like these. If you come into any of those sections, you are required to understand that they are in fact rumor (which EVERYTHING is until it is until a statement is made by Verizon, HTC, Motorola, LG, etc., etc.) and flaming the OP for it not being official would not be allowed. The alternative is anyone who HAS info and even proof will be reluctant to share because their credibility will be brought into question. Even with proof people will say it's shopped, because they have done so before.

P.S. I hope all who have flamed in the past get some inside info, share it and get a taste of their own medicine. Like the saying goes "It is always easier to destroy than to create".

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I just heard from the most reliable forum source. He said it is not likely this rumor is true.

Dinc owners and x owners are unlikely to go froyo before the debut of the droid 2.

I just heard from the most reliable forum source. He said it is not likely this rumor is true.

Dinc owners and x owners are unlikely to go froyo before the debut of the droid 2.

I can only say one of two things:

1. Touche

or

2. You just proved my point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones