• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo auto closes apps?

Traceamount

Jul 8, 2010
Alabama
I mentioned this in another post that was unrelated but got no answers, sorry if someone mentioned it elsewhere but Ive looked through em pretty good.

I noticed while changing settings and surfing, 3 times now, Ive had a lil window pop-up saying "12 apps closed". Im not rooted, using the RC, no ATK running or anything. Kinda curious if this could be part of whats causing battery issues? Yes its a long shot I know, but is anyone aware of this and/or is it possible to disable? Thanks!

*Yes I seen Froyo was supposed to handle closing app differently, more so looking for a way to disable this, and if need be manually use an ATK type program as needed to get my battery life back to anything near what it was.

Upvote 0
Task killers are always your last resort.

See here:

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g...r-battery-life-after-froyo-2.html#post1276272

Please follow that to the post on checking your system logs to see what's going on under the hood.

Ping back if questions remain.

PS - Your 1000000000000% sure you didn't previously install ATK?

Im aware, the ATK is installed - yes. But, its set to not auto start with the phone, nor is it set to auto-kill. I havent even turned it on since my last couple changes/recharges and a battery pull. Nor is it showing in the list of running applications.

Upvote 0
OK.

Just checked my logs - the new Android is wonderful - I've never seen it so active at clearing garbage out and freeing memory.

Bottom line, I just don't know if what you saw is really normal or not - so - check your logs, my only suggestion.

Right on - so it IS closing apps? Cool .... I got right of the LED Flashlight app, and did the radio switch to GSM and back to CDMA, then re-charged, sent 4-5 txts and surfed for just a few minutes, and I went 1hr 45min before it dropped to 99% !!! Before Froyo it was roughly 1.2% battery per hour. Now its around .7% per hour! Stoked

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones