• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo camera .apk file

Parsen66

Nov 15, 2010
Essex
As the title suggests I am looking for the .apk file for the stock camera within Froyo 2.2.

I am running Gingervillian since rooting recently but hate the camera that comes with it. The most annoying thing is the hideous camera 'click' sound which cannot be turned off! Its not the most subtle.

I have trawled the net looking for the file and have come back emtpy handed.

I'm sure one of you guys must have it somewhere.

When you say "stock" do you mean the HTC one? If so, that will only work on a Sense ROM.

The camera sound is in /system/media/audio/ui. Unless you are S-Off you won't be able to just delete it with a file explorer, but you could using adb (see the guide for removing system apps - same trick should work), or else remove the camera noise file from the ROM zip and reflash it (no wipe needed as it's the same ROM).

Upvote 0
I can't even really remember what the Sense one was like.

Parsen66: I do have a flashable zip of the version 11 Miui camera, which I have been able to run with most AOSP ROMs. I'll pm you a link to the zip, and a few notes on my experience of installing it. Take a Ti backup of the current camera first, since if you don't like it you should be able to get the original one back from that without having to reflash the ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones