• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root froyo clockwork dwnld prob..

northernmoris

Android Enthusiast
Jul 29, 2010
Dwnld' 2.2 through clockwork, backed up and wiped.... The dwnld process went fine and loaded up w/ 2.2. But its stock, ie: no phone service, 3g, previous apps.. like it came out of the box.. How do I recover everything and get my phone back and service turned on?

Dwnld' 2.2 through clockwork, backed up and wiped.... The dwnld process went fine and loaded up w/ 2.2. But its stock, ie: no phone service, 3g, previous apps.. like it came out of the box.. How do I recover everything and get my phone back and service turned on?
You should not have wiped cache and data thats why you went back to stock.
What you do is go back into clockwork and do a restore of what you just backed up. this will put you back to what you had with 2,1 and download again this time do not hit wipe cache and data and the when it installs you will have 2.2 with all of your apps email and everything. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Unless you have a backup of your apps and their data you're going to have start from scratch. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones