• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo Development

I've been hard a work on this release. Usability is much improved. I'd say its a beta release.

Now working:

Calls
Data
Bluetooth
Wifi
Wireless Tether via wireless-tether-for-ally I made for us
Rotation
KeyBoard Slide Detection
Wireless and Cell Tower gps (no satellite yet)
Sms
Mms (needs test)
Button mapping is now correct
Sdcard & android secure (froyo app on sd) Get apps2sd app from market to move apps that are eligible easily

get google apps from earlier post

aosp15_ally.zip

Password is thanksfordonation

Upvote 0
I just need to know if the camera works? But it someone can make a test about MMS and see if google maps works then ill be able to test and also still use it for work. The camera function doesn't really matter too much tho. And you could use your sd card now too...?

camera does not work and likely never will. And yes you can use your sdcard (depending what you mean by use.)

Upvote 0
camera does not work and likely never will. And yes you can use your sdcard (depending what you mean by use.)

Has any one tried the LG website, or tried talking to someone at LG about the software for the camera. Didn't they all of the phone information available already? Maybe they would give one of our devs the camera software to make it work in Froyo (if they don't have it already).

Upvote 0
Okay, so two notions strike me. The first is this; I just spoke to LG who gave me the number to contact the headquarters where the engineers work. First thought is call them and ask if they will provide the software that was used with 2.1 update 1, or any unreleased but developed camera software for Froyo. Never hurts to ask in my experience.

Second idea; in Ti backup i see 2 "camera" apps. Camera 1.0 and Camera 2.1 update1. Can either or both of these be isolated and ported to the new Froyo ROM, or is that harder than it sounds?

Or am I just grasping at straws?

Upvote 0
I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but the headphone jack does not work correctly. When headphones are plugged in, music plays for a second out the headphone jack, then reverts to the in phone speaker.
The music player will stop playing when headphones are removed (like it's supposed to) however audio does not transition correctly from playing on the in phone speaker to the headphone jack when headphones are plugged in. I'll try and make a logcat.

Dunno if this will help: http://pastebin.com/nU64LLEc

That logcat was done plugging in the headphones and removing them 2 times.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones