• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Differences

I have a Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo 2.2 and a Captivate (i896) running the same. I use Outlook on my laptop for business email with a POP account. Therefore, whenever I reply to a business email from my tab or phone, I like to cc myself with a copy so I have a record in Outlook.

When setting up my POP account on my tab, there is an option to automatically cc yourself and when checked, it works like a charm. This is non-existent on my phone, at least if the option is there, I can't find it. Anyone?

Also, there is a difference with signatures. On my tab, I set up my signature as below and it renders fine on both my cc copy and the recipient's email program:

First Last - Tel.: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Company Name
Company Slogan (USP)

However, when I try to input this information into my Captivate, it does a screen wrap because the input box is not large enough. And even if I enter it on separate lines so there is no screen wrap showing in the input box, it comes out all jumbled together in an email message as below:

First Last - Tel.: (xxx) xxx-xxxx Company Name Company
Slogan (USP)

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones