1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Froyo for Cliq is OUT!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DJSwiggle, Sep 21, 2010.

1. DJSwiggle

DJSwiggle Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Over at Simply-Android, " @sudo.adam " was able to get Cliq Froyo Runing on the Cliq

By popular demand, here it is: Froyo on the Motorola CLIQ.

This is an alpha ROM, meaning it's still in development and not for use as a daily use ROM.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for anything bad that happens to your phone. If it happens, it's your fault.

It has functioning wifi, vibration, touch, some Google apps (Market - semi-broken, Google Talk), accelerometer, and SD card mount. There are no soft reboots or system force closes.

Currently, radio (texts/calls/data), bluetooth, sound (possibly fixed by @travisjames), camera (possibly fixed by @travisjames), and GPS are not functioning.

Please also note that this ROM is not to be used as a base without my permission. Please do not mirror or redistribute it. I would like to keep track of the number of downloads.

BIG THANKS TO @sudo.adam

Dowload Here: FrigidCLIQ Alpha 1 - Simply Android

Advertisement

2. notreallynuse

notreallynuse Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Walgreens
    GA
    please explain

3. Vylle

Vylle New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Hey guys - what is the progress with this?

4. bluetwo

bluetwo Member

Dec 5, 2010
    It's absolutely horrible... I installed it and absolutely everything started running 10 times slower. I'm not even kidding. I had it on my phone for about two hours and in the limited time I used my phone it drove me insane with waiting and waiting and waiting.

It was a little cooler looking and some of the new functions were kind of nice but there's no way it was worth it in the long run. No automatic update is a PITA, waiting for Motoblur to update took hours, literally, and then you have to reverse the installation afterwards.

Maybe it was just my phone, or a fluke or whatever, I don't know what other peoples experiences will be like but I couldn't deal with it.