1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

froyo hdmi issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blazo21, Aug 21, 2012.

1. blazo21

blazo21 Well-Known Member

I am running froyo since I guess its the only

rom other that stock that supports HDMI out. Anyway...is anyone else having and issue where HDMI is outputting SD resolution or so it seems. its widescreen, but blochy and blurry like SD. Is it just my phone or is there a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CornfedChris

CornfedChris Well-Known Member

It's not just you're phone. HDMI for the Triumph only outputs at 480p or EDTV (Enhanced Definition TV) a step up from SD but not quite HD. On a bigger screen HDTV it will probably look fuzzier and more noticeable.

Sorry but there is nothing you can do about it, with this phone at least.

3. blazo21

thanks for the info...it sucks...but it is what it is.

4. rcsrich

rcsrich Android Expert

Yeah- I didn't feel so bad about moving to CM7 and non-working HDMI after I tried to actually use it- definitely not HD!

5. chilz

chilz Well-Known Member

also it depends alot on the video player u use and ur file type(mp4/h264) i have done many many video tests with my triumph on several hd tvs
    what i have found toshiba and sony tvs suck with the triumph shockingly u get the best picture from vizio
    mp4 videos also suck with the video on any hdtv try to aim for h264 and run a decent video player from market like mx player or something if u stick with the good video format and a decent hdtv u should be able to get the 720 its advertised

6. blazo21

i have an insignia 42" and i was using stock movie player. I am encoding videos when recording in MP4/M4V (h264)...these are the settings i were using when i made this post.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews