• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Hints, Tips, and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FF plugin does everything the Chrome one does. I would suggest selecting 'Automatically launch links' within the app.

Try these out:

A link should open in the browser: Google

A map link should open Maps: Tower Bridge - Google Maps

A phone number opens in the dialer (highlight and then right click and send to Android) : 0208 123456

A YouTube link opens in the YouTube app or whatever your default is (link is in the top bar): YouTube - ‪Evolution of Dance - By Judson Laipply‬‎

These links work great for me. However when i do my own google maps search, and send the link from the left hand pane in googlemaps to my phone, it says "No results found for:" and gives no place. Clicking the link in the browser works fine though?

EDIT: Just examined the link i was sending and it contains a client=firefox in the address. Anybody else have problem with the firefox extension and googlemaps?

Upvote 0

Hi, I hope you can help. I followed the procedure and it works very well. I was very happy with this until I started installing things like extended controls, etc.
The problem I get is that extended controls gets installed straight onto my sd card. I then get the widgets I want onto my screens. BUT, as soon as I hook the phone up to the pc in USB mode the widgets disappear and all I'm left with is a box which says problem with widget. When you go back into the widget bit extended controls isnt there. I then have to uninstall and reinstall, the build the widget again.
I've tried installing it, then moving onto phone and a few other things but cannot get it to work. Is there a way around this????? :thinking::thinking:

Any clues on what I can do?

Upvote 0
ive used the giude to transfer all my apps to sd but now my desire is saying that its running out of space on internal memory am i doing somthing wrong?

all the apps are working but i cnt seem to find out why m internal storage is nearly full

any help would be much apreciated

thnks

If I understood it right, just by moving already existing apps from phone to sd folowing above described procedure, you get full phone memory warning?

Upvote 0
Not Just a froyo tip, but more of a HTC sense tip. Some will already know this but i just found it yesterday and thought it was quite cool. When you press the home button twice and you see all 7 screens, well you can then press and hold any of those screens to move them to whatever position you want them. Maybe not a major breakthrough in terms of tips, but its for those that didn't already know about it.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Not Just a froyo tip, but more of a HTC sense tip. Some will already know this but i just found it yesterday and thought it was quite cool. When you press the home button twice and you see all 7 screens, well you can then press and hold any of those screens to move them to whatever position you want them. Maybe not a major breakthrough in terms of tips, but its for those that didn't already know about it.

Thanks

I would give you a big Thanks if it worked.
Get to the 7 screens but press as I may nothing happens. I can move my finger but the screens don't change/move.

Upvote 0
linking problem between phone-book contacts to face-book profile.

I don't know if this problem started due to android 2.2 or not but recently I noticed that I am not able to link my new phonebook contact entry to their respective facebook profile. This person exists in my facebook profile but it doesn't show in list of facebook contacts on my phone's phonebook.

Before, automatically phonebook was showing me option to link different accounts.
I tried to link it manually as it didn't work automatically but i couldn't find that same contact in my mobile facebook contacts. I also tried to forced sync facebook contacts but still i couldn't find the person that i just added in my facebook strange!

btw, this person is present in Facebook app's friends list . but not in Facebook for HTC (in phone book contact sync)

do any of you have same problem? is any solution available ?

Upvote 0
I used the ''force apps to sd'' thingy and everything worked great until recently when the phone became unable to install anything when microsd was chosen as the default install location. I can still force already installed apps to move to sd and I can install apps fine when I set the install location back to 0. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
so if you have noticed there is an option on every app on android market tha says "automatic update" which means that if that option is ticked you won't need to go and see what app needs update...does it work for you? i installed facebook app 1.3 and ticked automatic update..yesterday there was a newer version 1.3.1 but did not updated itself...am i missing something?shoudn't fb app just throw me a notification that it was updated to 1.3.1 by itself???

update..2-3 days ago a newer version of Facebook app was released 1.3.2...i had ticked the "automatic update" from version 1.3 but nothing happend...automatic updates do not work right????am i stil missing somethig?do i get wrong how that option work???

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones