• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo Hints, Tips, and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You no longer need to manually resend a text message when you get the "unable to send after multiple attempts" message; the phone will automatically resend it when it gets a signal.

Oddly enough, HTC have not updated the message so it still says "Unable to send after multiple attempts, please review the message to try again." or something like that.

Upvote 0
SDmove seems to work, though how come it only shows a few of my apps in the list and not ALL of them? I was expecting to be able to move absolutely everything barring the android OS onto the SD card...
Only apps which have been coded by the developer to work from the SD Card can be moved. Contact your favourite app's developer (or wait if you have some patience spare after waiting for Froyo ;))

The Wiki for SDMove advises:
Why are only some apps listed?
Not all applications will be listed in SDMove, only the ones that have explicitly declared their level of support for being moved to external storage.

Upvote 0

you can also download Mod Install Location from Market as it works 100% for the apps I've downloaded so far..

although, as a reminder, just like what the article mentioned, should you install widgets or streaming apps, best not to move them to SD card..

also, i noticed that you need to restart the phone so that the widget would show on the widgets list..

Reactions: Nas_R and jayk32
Upvote 0
Can u move things like Google maps / browsers etc without any problems as they don't auto update?

Not to sure what will be safe to move! Can some kind people who have tried this give a little more advice before I try this please.

Thanks

Well, you shouldn't move apps that require a background service running all the time.
To see which apps are constantly running and which amongst them have background service running, I recommend SystemPanel. It costs 3$ but it's a great app and you'll now for sure which apps are safe to move to sd.
I can tell you right now by looking right into SystemPanel screen that HtcSense itself (of course), widgets, home replacements like LauncherPro, WidgetLocker and native Sense apps (Mail, Messages, People, Settings, Weather, Youtube...) require background service so it's highly recommended not to move them to sd.
Having said that, I'm not sure if you could move Maps and Browser without any problems but with all 3rd party apps that you could move with that tweak I've posted, I don't see the need to move stock apps.

Reactions: chris 290
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones