1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Froyo issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hockeyman316, Sep 1, 2010.

1. hockeyman316

hockeyman316 Member

May 20, 2010
    Hello everyone. Soooo I was super excited when I woke up and found out I had the new Froyo update for my incredible. I clicked to install, and the update failed halfway through. Because I am kind of a noob to this stuff, could it have anything to do with the fact I am rooted? If so, how can I fix it so I can get Froyo.......and will I have wait to have the update re-pushed to my phone? Please help, I have searched the updates and cupcakes drum, but haven't found anything thank you :)

Advertisement

2. Nice to see a hockey guy here. ;)

Welcome to Android Forums.

Your query will probably get more responses in the Incredible forums; I'll move it to that area for you.

And, yes, rooting your device renders it not visible to the (factory/carrier/OTA) update process.

3. hockeyman316

hockeyman316 Member

May 20, 2010
    Sounds super. Thank you for the heads up.....and moving my post :)

4. jdkoreclipse

jdkoreclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    You have to be stock (2.1 update-1) with STOCK recovery (no Clockwork or Amon_RA) and you will still get the update, but you will LOSE ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Or you can just apply custom recovery (if you havent done so already), apply unrevoked forever, apply the RUU leak (now official ruu) and then just apply the old payload-update, and if you want, just re-apply custom recovery via the PB31IMG.zip method in the hboot