1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Froyo: LED Notifications for SMS/MMS and Missed Calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dequardo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast

1) I got Handcent's LED to work but only when not on the charger. Others report it fires when charging also? If so, what are your notification setting details in Handcent? Note I am using the current version.

2) I can not get any missed phone call LED to light for more than the 5 min. stock flash time. This seems to have broken w/Froyo. Have tried Blink, Missed Call for Android, and Missed Reminder. Has anyone figured this out to enable flashing for more than 5 min.

3) I have my stock 2.2 LED flash notifications set to OFF for SMS/MMS and missed calls in 'settings'/'display'. I assume that's proper when using 3rd party LED apps.

Please advise-esp. on #2. Thanks much.

Mike

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Similar question - I used Missed Reminder with 2.1, now it force closes with 2.2. What is out there that is similar?

3. Kelita

Kelita Android Enthusiast

I use Easy Reminder. It seems to work fine. As for the OP's question regarding Handcent LED's, mine work when charging. Not sure why yours don't? I have the Blink LED checked, etc.

4. dequardo

dequardo Android Enthusiast

I'll try Easy Reminder. thx

I get either the solid red charging LED or solid green (full charge) that stay on (non-flashing)until I unplug the charger. Simply can not get the LED to flash for a text when plugged in.

Can you give me all the specific settings for Handcent under the LED notification settings menu?

much appreciated.

5. Kelita

Kelita Android Enthusiast

That is strange. Here are my settings:
    I have Blink LED checked
    LED flash frequency fast
    Enable reminders is checked
    Number of reminders 10 (but maybe try keep repeating for your specific issue)
    Reminder interval 5

I have mine set kind of low because I'm usually not very far from my phone but when I do leave it for a while, it will be blinking if it's on the charger.

I'm wondering if when you have a full charge, it tells Handcent to stop notifying? Mine still flashes while charging without being fully charged. I haven't paid attention to it when the battery's full...

6. dgrobe2112

dgrobe2112 Android Enthusiast

my phone blinks green notifications when it on the charger.. i been looking, and cant find the setting for that.. i remember something of the sort.. anyone know..

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews