• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo News?

Has anyone found any news on when we might get Froyo for this phone? I got my missus the Flipout a few weeks back (it was just the right level of cute for her).

I have been doing a lot of customisation to my Desire and now, predictably, she is looking for some herself.

Obviously I can do most things without root or froyo..but it gives more flexibility to have it and obviously moving to SD by default would be nice :)

I found this, but it doesn't seem to give any indication about how up to date it is.. https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Cheers

Motorola aren't very friendly when it comes to OS updates (especially for non-uS market), the chances of the Flipout (and Charm) getting 2.2 is very slim, the 6 month old Cliq XT is barely on the line for their 2.1 update while the rest doesn't get anything. That's the way Motorola is, they're more interested in the Droid X and Droid 1/2/Milestone 1/2 than the Motoblur phones- Motoblur to Motorola is "release and forget".

Upvote 0
I remember reading somewhere that Flipout's android 2.1 build had 2.2 features in it. I just got mine a week ago but today a noticed it shows flash in the browser or at least it seems to and there's a setting for that in the browser config.

Anybody would know other 2.2 features in currently in the flipout?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones