• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo on Hero!

my husband just got the Froyo update on his Evo (non-rooted) & he gets wireless tethering!?!?? =P

i'm also waiting on the kinks before flashing froyo! i want live wallpapers! =) it's mainly the camera i want working for sure. my phone is more handy than my digital camera when my baby's making his milestones

all things aside, the camera doesnt work 100%. so don't flash it.
if ur rooted just download wireless tether app.
it's even included in most roms found on this forum.

Upvote 0
I just put Darchdroid v2.7 on my phone today and am liking it so far. The v2.7 thread has all you will need to get what you need and you can do the install by flashing just 2-3 .zips. It wasn't hard at all.

On the other hand, Fresh 2.3.3 was a breeze to install and didn't need any other tweaks to get working correctly. Darchdroid v2.7 needs a couple easy tweaks to get running pretty well.

One thing I've noticed so far that I'm not liking is that there seems to be a delay or unresponsiveness when scrolling between the 5 home screens. I haven't scoured the XDA forums for an answer to that yet, so there could very well be a fix already.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I went back to work, and don't have any time to myself anymore... I was wondering (because I am too lazy/ don't have time to search) about updates for this rom... I hoped that there were some to fix the bugs.. I am having issues with weatherbug elite FC'ing, and my market won't update paid apps consistently...

As always, TIA!

Upvote 0
Ok, so I went back to work, and don't have any time to myself anymore... I was wondering (because I am too lazy/ don't have time to search) about updates for this rom... I hoped that there were some to fix the bugs.. I am having issues with weatherbug elite FC'ing, and my market won't update paid apps consistently...

As always, TIA!

There was a FC issue with weather bug that should have been fixed, I know that the last 2 (not including today's) releases combined with the latest WB works just fine. As of today the camera is working and there is supposed to be an RC1 coming out very soon. There is a market fix for the paid apps, I had to do little trick to get mine working but all my apps show up now and the phone runs amazing.

Upvote 0
Lol well they release a new build of this rom seemingly every day, I use the xda app to read up on it and several other roms throughout the day and I'm done trying to keep up. I'll just wait till it's declared final release or whatever and then try it out.

I'm with you. I'm still running 2.3.3 because every Froyo thread I read is beyond confusing and would take a day to sort out.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I know there's bound to be posts on this SOMEWHERE on the site, but I've just got to do it...

I'm a complete newb when it comes to flashing/rooting/etc. The first time I tried it, I completely bricked my 1.5 hero. I'm really interested in Froyo, but I'm not sure I even want to attempt it.

I downloaded the 2.1 OTW update from Sprint. Am I completely boned?

Upvote 0
Ok, so I know there's bound to be posts on this SOMEWHERE on the site, but I've just got to do it...

I'm a complete newb when it comes to flashing/rooting/etc. The first time I tried it, I completely bricked my 1.5 hero. I'm really interested in Froyo, but I'm not sure I even want to attempt it.

I downloaded the 2.1 OTW update from Sprint. Am I completely boned?

read this http://androidforums.com/all-things...2-1-rooted-do-not-install-6-4-ota-update.html it tells you how to root even if you did the update.

Reactions: SouthFLHero
Upvote 0
The camera is supposed to work and so is the market. I just flashed it yesterday and so far the camera works flawless in the stock application.

i still had the camera hang once or twice but it's much better than previous builds. barcode scanner app also works now because autofocus is activated. sadly google goggles does not work (won't launch).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones