1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Froyo on i7500 soon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Andronix, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Alonzzo2

Alonzzo2 Well-Known Member

OK, I'll update there. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 7500

7500 Member

the day when camera will work , the day i ill shift to eclair !!

3. tsphere

tsphere Member

you know the project has moved to froyo, right? the title of the post kind of gives it away... :rolleyes:

4. 7500

7500 Member

well it means eclair lived & died in beta stage only ?? , just hope it wont happen with froyo , btw y camera is an hard nut to crack ?? isint it uses the same driver of i5700 ??

5. golanster

golanster Member

as drakaz said every time people ask im about the camera: its not hard its just a matter of priorities. you want a fast and good os and then a cam or a crappy laggy shit os but with a cam?

when the os will be done we will get the camera

6. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

While I agree with you golanster, it seems there's a LOT of people who're holding off trying GAOSP because they want the camera (myself included I admit). So if he wants more people to test it out then surely it makes sense to prioritise getting the camera working? Either way it's fine, we'll get there in the end I'm sure. Just would be nice to be involved in testing GAOSP but as I need the camera on a daily basis then I cannot have it on my phone atm.

7. 7500

7500 Member

hate it or love it but 5 MP camera cannot be ignored , once it get fixed the number of tester will be significant large = faster dev towards stable & faster froyo.

8. Alonzzo2

I know its a bit unrelated to the topic, but I can't believe someone is using this camera. after I took a couple of pictures with it I realized there's no use trying to get a good pic, not to mention video.

That's why the thing that bothers me the most with the GAOSP is the black-screen-can't-be-unlocked bug, and not the camera.

But it's just me...

9. weasel

weasel Android Enthusiast

Its not just about taking picture. Barcode scanner is is extremely useful ( especially for QR codes )

10. informale

informale Android Enthusiast

yep a bit more off-topic... camera is crap, but you never know when you may need one. what if there's a car accident, a fight, you name it - you might need a camera.

11. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Oh I don't know the camera might not be all that, certainly it's not what I had hoped for when I bought the phone, but in daylight it can take some decent photos. The flash is so bad it's made me realise that a flash on a phone (or any camera for that matter) is usually more hassle than it's worth.

12. Andronix

Andronix Android Enthusiast

Camera is very good on good weather.

13. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me

I agree, it's much better than some other cellphones. The videos are really ugly though, and I mean it.

Here is an untouched picture took with my phone (no photoshop or anything). Maybe the hosting site resized it though.

14. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

Great photo!

15. Alonzzo2

Yeah, great photo indeed:)

16. dri001

dri001 Member

The camera on my phone also takes great pictures. They even make good photos for my desktop background. By the way thanks for the 1.6 update guide you posted. My I7500L has a new life since I upgraded it.

17. mrqs

mrqs Android Expert

you can also enhance the camera with a better app like camera 360

18. 7500

7500 Member

i was also not a big fan of camera , until I installed camera 360 app , it can do wonders with its HDR settings on, I have used 3.2 mp Canon power shot camera but my mobile cam beats it comprehensively .

19. tsphere

tsphere Member

20. weasel

weasel Android Enthusiast

21. mrqs

mrqs Android Expert

which for many people is a lot of times

plus there's also the issue of reading qr codes

22. 7500

7500 Member

I have used this camera to take pics of book pages , newspaper ,question paper in exam and the output was readable something my 3.2 mp cannon power shot was incapable of doing it .

23. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Yup. It doesn't take pretty pics, but I've used it successfully to make 'backup copies' of some papers/whiteboard notes/...

24. 500ef

500ef Newbie

I dont think Galaxy's camera is that bad too. Of course we cant compare it to a real camera. But who have one real camera on pocket all the time? rsrsrs

Even outdoors pictures with galaxy's camera looks nice for me, like this one (without any kind of edition):

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3994/20100730140219.jpg

25. Mordred

Mordred Lurker

Please, if you want to discuss about Galaxys camera, open new topic. This one is about Froyo.

bresslau likes this.