1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Froyo on o2 with mac?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by torred, Aug 21, 2010.

1. torred

torred New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Its probably already on here , but i'm new to the forum. I have got an o2 branded htc desire and want to put the froyo 2.2 update on it. I am a mac use and every way i have seen so far is for pc users.

Has anyone come across a possiblity for this for mac users.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Yenzehn

Yenzehn Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    You will have to wait for O2 to release their *branded and tested* version of 2.2, or debrand the phone to receive the official update.

It is not as much a issue with your having a mac as the update will likely be pushed OTA.

3. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Hit the link in my sig :D

I rooted & flashed a froyo ROM onto my O2 branded Desire on a Mac this way :)

4. torred

torred New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Thanks Jammy,

I have followed the instructions but it says it cant open the sd zip file when i try to install it from the root menu. Is there anyway of debranding the handset?

5. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    United Kingdom
    "Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [radionumber].zip > yes” This should only take a couple of seconds. Apply this zip.

Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [rom].zip > yes” This one will take a good while. Apply this too."

Odd.. are you sure you did it exactly as the guide said?

6. torred

torred New Member

Aug 21, 2010
    its when i do these parts it says it cant open it and operation aborted.

Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [radionumber].zip > yes” This should only take a couple of seconds. Apply this zip.

Select “install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [rom].zip > yes” This one will take a good while. Apply this too."

I have a feeling that they are not zip files on my mac. Did you choose htc sense or nexus versions?

Tags: