• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo on Samsung Epic 4g

just downloaded it and am installing it now. im anxious to see if its gonna be buggy or not. fingers crossed. ill keep you posted.

Alright!!! Heres what i found is new in the froyo for those of you who are curious.

Setting changes

Adds silent button in notification bar along with 4g, wifi, gps and bluetooth.

The 3g logo is different.

The setting icons are new.

Voice input and output settings menu.

Security has set Password, PIN, and Pattern options.

Horizontal calibration

Option to use power button to end calls

Everything else

Tw launcher added numbers to the bubbles at the top of the screen to tell you which screen youre on.

You can edit the App positions in the App drawer.

You can change the Dock Apps.

New free HD game app

News and Weather app

RAM manager

Alarm clock is incorporated into the Clock app along with Timer and Stopwatch and World clock

They combined the Widgets menu

Pinch to view home screens with option to edit which is home screen or remove

Message app is bubbles in blue and yellow

Samsung put in its keyboard

Camera flip button to switch from front to back camera.

Thats all i found so far. ill update with bugs or other changes after i play with it some more. :p

Upvote 0
I did download that Froyo .zip file a few weeks ago and applied it. I’ve had a few force closes, love lots of the updates and annoyed by only a few others, otherwise it has been a great experience overall. My only concern is I don’t want my phone skipped over when the official update comes out (which I assume will come with more tweaks and fixes), and what I’m reading sounds like it will. Can someone confirm this? If it is true, can someone explain how I can go back to 2.1 without losing any data? My phone is not rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones