• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo ported from Desire soon

So much love :)

Don't worry it's Platonic.

On a more serious note, this is what me and a lot of others here are waiting for. I know I'm not the only one who hasn't flashed a rom because I'm waiting for Froyo (preferably without Sense, but I could live with it). I just don't see any benefit to flashing a 2.1 rom that breaks stuff (mms, bluetooth, whatever else) for a very minimal performance increase.

Upvote 0
So much love :)

Don't worry it's Platonic.

On a more serious note, this is what me and a lot of others here are waiting for. I know I'm not the only one who hasn't flashed a rom because I'm waiting for Froyo (preferably without Sense, but I could live with it). I just don't see any benefit to flashing a 2.1 rom that breaks stuff (mms, bluetooth, whatever else) for a very minimal performance increase.

With the ability to enable JIT and get rid of sense there is a fairly large performance increase at this point...

lindpack = 11.025 (around 7 before)
quadrant = 707 (around 540 before)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones