• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo Problems

Hey all,
Just flashed froyo to my phone yesterday and finally got it rooted after many hours. Two problems I've noticed are:

1. When I try to use Titanium Backup to delete bloatware or any program it says 'failed to locate the apk file.'

2. Has anyone had trouble downloading and using DroidWall with it? It acts like it starts the download but won't finish.
Kept trying and it finally downloaded. Doesn't seem to be working that great though. When I enable/disable or save rules it says 'error applying iptables rules. Exit code 1.'
Thnx
Matt

Tried to search threads but didn't find anything.

Will Cognition replace the Froyo or write over it and Froyo can still be used?
Don't always completely understand everything. Sorry.
Thanks
You will need to use Odin to flash back to stock then use clockwork to flash up to Cog. 2.2Beta2.

I've been using it for a few days and it blows me away, its a whole new phone, quick, free from AT&T crap, GPS works great, the new features are very cool. The Cog ROM includes Froyo.

Upvote 0
You have to flash back to 2.1 using Odin before you can install Cognition 2.2.
ROM manager and custom ROMs won't work from the recovery menu (yet) if you have 2.2 installed.

Download Cognition!
FAQ - Cognition Wiki

FYI: I am running Cognition 2.2 BETA2 and it works just fine. If you're using Titanium, just restore apps with data, but NOT system data. Causes issues. I don't have the lag fix applied.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones