• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Maybe I'm just cranky and need a nap or a refill of my sippy cup, but whether they release the upgrade in a month, two months, or three months - in the big scheme of things what's the difference? We've lived our lives for this long without Froyo, so big deal if it's delayed beyond whatever expectations have been created.

Furthermore, people who believe that Froyo will be bug-free and will be a remedy for all ills afflicting the Captivate are kidding themselves. Perfection (or even that which is close to perfection) is ever-elusive.

Reactions: p1gnone
Upvote 0
Please remember, Samsung USA has said (and stuck to) Froyo by the end of 2010..thats official regardless of what Samsung UK (a different division) may say....lol. To realistically expect it before mid-December is simply deceiving yourself. It'll get here when it gets here. I'd rather them work out the bugs, etc. than rushing it.

Android is turning into the relentless and perpetual wait for updates for people on these boards...:p...this is NEVER going to stop...ever.

Upvote 0
Please remember, Samsung USA has said (and stuck to) Froyo by the end of 2010..thats official regardless of what Samsung UK (a different division) may say....lol. To realistically expect it before mid-December is simply deceiving yourself. It'll get here when it gets here. I'd rather them work out the bugs, etc. than rushing it.

Android is turning into the relentless and perpetual wait for updates for people on these boards...:p...this is NEVER going to stop...ever.
Like your attitude. Obviously these people never had a SE phone - as they would be waiting a long time for updates and probably jump off a bridge.

Let them get it right before the US gets it -

Upvote 0
Like your attitude. Obviously these people never had a SE phone - as they would be waiting a long time for updates and probably jump off a bridge.

Let them get it right before the US gets it -

So true. I've had no less than three SE phone and owned all of them past their two year contracts. Neither of them were ever updated- NEVER.

Upvote 0
Can Samsung just fix this darn GPS? What the hell is taking so long? It is disappointing that my 3 year old Tilt had a perfect lock within seconds and this new machinery fails, at least for me, with the GPS. I love android, though. When is HTC coming out with a samoled screen? I'm all over that.

If they knew how to make the GPS work, it'd be working by now.
laugh.gif

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones