• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo release from sprint over unrevoked???

So i have been searching through the all things root forum and i am unable to come to a conclusion. I recently rooted or did the unrevoked 3 onto my phone. the question i have is once sprint releases Froyo for our phones will i be able to do the ota if it comes out that way, or manually whichever they do? or will i be stuck with having to put a froyo rom onto my phone seeing as i am unable to "unroot".

Also if someone knows how to "unroot" once youve used unrevoked 3 I could use that to. Ive also looked into doing that but have been unlucky in finding a solution if i want to "unroot".

Thanks in advance for any helpful information. :)

You can however do a full factory reset by flashing your phone with a stock ROM. It undoes the root, NAND unlock, etc (I think). I tried to root and it didn't work for me so I just reflashed the stock ROM I found on XDA forums and my phone worked perfectly fine. I got the OTA update (the one that started bricking phones) without a problem.

So once the RC comes out, just reflash your phone to stock ROM and then get the OTA to 2.2. You will lose your root and anything else you did to your Evo though.

Reactions: Johnny Tsunami
Upvote 0
Is there a section under settings to turn off notifications of updates???

I'm a noob, but I do remember seeing that if you were fully rooted, the phone doesn't see itself as eligible for an update. The original unrevoked was less thorough and that could have been part of the issue.

I could be wrong...but the real thing is to say I do not know how to turn off notifications on updates.

have you tried unchecking the "Scheduled Check" box under the HTC Software Update section?

Lookie what I found :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones