1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

froyo running much slower than 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by may2700, Aug 4, 2010.

1. may2700

may2700 Well-Known Member

ok, i couldn't wait for the OTA, so i manually updated from the droid life site. now that i am running 2.2 my phone is so slow its almost impossible to use. whenever i put the phone in standby then start up the phone to do something, it takes approx 10 seconds to repopulate the home screen and approx 20 seconds before i can swipe to a different home screen.

any ideas what may be causing this?

i am obviously not rooted, i do run live wallpaper and only have 2 widgets (beautiful home and calendar) phone ran great on 2.1

thanks for the help

Advertisement

2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    Gotta be a bug. 2.2 is inherently faster than 2.1 because of the JIT compiler. If it's running slower, something is wrong. I don't know what could be causing this.

3. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Mine was running slow when I first booted it up. Then after about 5 mins it started running fast and smooth. Perhaps you need to power your phone off then restart. If that does not help do a phone wipe.

4. may2700

its so slow now i am thinking of looking for a way to undo the update. i tried to use pandora and it was almost 5 minutes before the music started. there has got to be something wrong with it

5. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Waite tonight at midnight for the Verizon OTA
    I heard it has some bug fixes in it

may2700 likes this.
  6. may2700

ok, went to market and i had updates, so i clicked 2 of the programs and hit update, market downloaded both and we r now going on 10 minutes of it saying installing. i am afraid to reset phone as i may screw up programs. not sure what the problem is but definatly not working right

7. Delirious17

Delirious17 Member

Nov 29, 2009
    So those who went with the update.zip method who are running 2.2 should also receive an OTA update for bug fixes??

8. jimdibb

jimdibb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yeah, I got the same problem. I hope if I let it sit a while it will take care of itself. Perhaps it's still updating/converting stuff on the first start up.

9. jimdibb

jimdibb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    OK, it's already snappier. Feeling better.