• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo RUU update available

do what i mentioned
i had exactly your problems and fixed it.
key is to get the latest htc synch from the htc website and install it without the device connected. you may need to re do the drivers like i did
at work im on 32bit win7
at home im on x64

I did twice and no it did not work at all?? That is when I decided to see if the first Ruu would see the phone and it did and reloaded that firmware and right after that I tried the other Ruu and it would not see the phone at all and that was not more than three minutes after I just reloaded the Ruu from the first page!!!! I have spent well over three days attempting to get this to work!!!

I even formated my computer yesterday and reloaded windows 7 on it just to see if that had something to do with it, wasted over four hours there!!!!

So I say to heck with it I will just wait and see if it comes out OTA or I will just root and load customs on it!!!:(

Upvote 0
I did twice and no it did not work at all?? That is when I decided to see if the first Ruu would see the phone and it did and reloaded that firmware and right after that I tried the other Ruu and it would not see the phone at all and that was not more than three minutes after I just reloaded the Ruu from the first page!!!! I have spent well over three days attempting to get this to work!!!
Once I installed the latest HTC Sync, I was able to run the newer update file without issue and the update worked fine.

However, after using it for the day, I now find it seems slower than the official 2.2 release version. I notice it in things like turning the phone sideways and the orientation lags a bit before rotating whereas before it snapped quickly to landscape and back. And in many other places it just feels slower too, not much but it feels like it. Everything else seems the same, so I might actually re-load the first firmware, if I can, and continue to use it. I have nothing else to do tomorrow during the day...
:D

Upvote 0
Once I installed the latest HTC Sync, I was able to run the newer update file without issue and the update worked fine.

However, after using it for the day, I now find it seems slower than the official 2.2 release version. I notice it in things like turning the phone sideways and the orientation lags a bit before rotating whereas before it snapped quickly to landscape and back. And in many other places it just feels slower too, not much but it feels like it. Everything else seems the same, so I might actually re-load the first firmware, if I can, and continue to use it. I have nothing else to do tomorrow during the day...

Well I give up I even tried a completely different computer and it still would not see it, but the first Ruu did see it on the other computer, I have come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the download I have because nothing I have tried will get it to work but the original Ruu will pick it up everytime.

The other thing is that I have downloaded a new copy of the Ruu before I try it but everytime but still no go with it!!!The only thing I wanted anyway was the new radio firmware but mine has improved even more since I reloaded the original Ruu again so no need to upgrade now!!!:)

No matter what I would not trade this phone for anything, I even think that it is a better phone than the Nexus one I had and sold!!!

Upvote 0

i only had this issue when using live wallpaper
i had that on the other aswell tho

Upvote 0
just out of interest, if any of you have post 2.2 quadrant scores, mine is not getting 1291
(with live wallpapers turned on), just below the top bar on the chart that is nexus one 2.2+

I'm more than happy with that.

(I'm using the first unbranded RUU from page 1).

edit: now running the OTA update and scoring slightly less at 1279

Upvote 0
i only had this issue when using live wallpaper
i had that on the other aswell tho
I've been running the Nexus live wallpaper since day one, so when I updated to 2.2 I noticed an increase in speed. Then I noticed a slight loss of speed with this latest update. I'll try to rollback to the official release today and see how that goes.

I just ran the Quandrant standard and my result is 1172 after a fresh reboot (running it a second time nets 1292 which I think is a result of cached data). I didn't run the benchmark on the previous version but I will once I get it installed.

EDIT - well I can't downgrade to the earlier 2.2 official version as the baseband has been updated. So I guess I'm stuck with this version.
:(

Upvote 0
I've been running the Nexus live wallpaper since day one, so when I updated to 2.2 I noticed an increase in speed. Then I noticed a slight loss of speed with this latest update. I'll try to rollback to the official release today and see how that goes.

I just ran the Quandrant standard and my result is 1172 after a fresh reboot (running it a second time nets 1292 which I think is a result of cached data). I didn't run the benchmark on the previous version but I will once I get it installed.

EDIT - well I can't downgrade to the earlier 2.2 official version as the baseband has been updated. So I guess I'm stuck with this version.
:(
thats a pain, how do we go back to branded roms for warranty reasons if we cannot flash back?
I thought it flashed the baseband aswell?

Upvote 0
thats a pain, how do we go back to branded roms for warranty reasons if we cannot flash back?
I thought it flashed the baseband aswell?
Apparently not if the baseband is a higher/newer version.

But, I have good news!

I googled and I found a downgrade utility created by our friend teppic74 over at the XDA forums and it worked. I downgraded to version 2.1 and it put the baseband back to 4.x as well. So right now I'm in the process of updating to the official HTC release again. While I was running v2.1 I ran the Quadrant test and it produced a 573 result. Just slightly ahead of the Nexus One and original Desire. The official update to v2.2 on page one produced a result of 1296 and it feels a bit snappier again too.
If anyone needs a link to the downgrade process, you can find it here:

[HOWTO] Downgrade Froyo (2.2) to Stock 2.1 (ANY HBOOT | WIN/LINUX/MAC | ROOT) - xda-developers

Reactions: CarsnGadgets
Upvote 0
thanks for the reply... It could be a bug... again on the setting menu my haptic Vibe box is un-ticked - but it still vibrate... how does this Haptic affect the battery life?
and as for the sound on the keys (qwerty) - i can't find the option to turn the sound on, only the sound for Dial Pad, no qwerty option..
Forgot to mention the other day that you can disable haptic feedback in the keyboard settings. Open Settings, Language & Keyboard, Touch Input, Text Input, and scroll down to Vibrate when typing and uncheck it.
I confirmed it works with mine.

Upvote 0
The more recent RUU version has now been official released as an OTA update, from HTC's site:

You can now download the latest software update for new features and improved performance. It won’t delete any of your content and we’d recommend using a Wi-Fi connection as this is a large update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. Any questions? Contact us via HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Software number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Software number). The new Software number will be 2.10.405.2

Update Information: 1.Android OS update patch 2.Enhanced multi inbox Gmail support 3.Improved RUS keyboard layout

Note: We still recommend you back up your all personal data first.

Upvote 0
The more recent RUU version has now been official released as an OTA update, from HTC's site
Note: We still recommend you back up your all personal data first.
I got the 25mb OTA update ok, but it did reset my Calendar and News widgets (not sure what else got nuked). I notice it's basically the same as the newer RUU you posted which benchmarks slower on my phone, but it doesn't have any lag to it which the newer RUU had. I'll do a factory reset to wipe it clean and reinstall my apps and see how it runs. But so far it seems better than the RUU update. If I have problems, at least I have your downgrade utility handy to go back to the first RUU update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones