• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo RUU update available

- Friend widget is a little wonky. More often then not I have to hit the refresh button on the widget twice to get my Twitter and Facebook updates (updates twitter on first refresh, second refresh then grabs the facebook updates, some of which happened before the twitter updates that were pulled in the first refresh).

- Browser seems a little sluggish on certain sites (howardforums), whereas when on Telus firmware 2.1 my browser seemed to be a little more responsive (and alot more responsive when viewing howardforums).

-Recording videos, I have mine set to 720p, videos playback freezes when I pan and then skips to a later part in the video.

It is not the phone,it is that crap howardforum they have the absolute worst servers around, it is even slow on my main computer and I have a 20MB DSL connection, that worthless forum freezes and stops working all together on my computer where as this forum works great on my Desire and computer both!!!:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
In the FAQ above your saying that a phone doesn't need to be rooted to be able to make a gold card. I didn't realize that.

Yup, you dont have to..

Just make sure usb debugging is enabled, then the adb command would return the CID..that's the only step actually needed to be done on the phone..

Actually you dont even need a phone to get the CID..So actually you dont even need a phone to create the goldcard

Upvote 0
Hi from a newbie, I have just received a Vodafone variant HTC desire HD with 2.2 on it and this version I think 1.75.161.2 can you knowledgeable folk tell me if I can remove the branding and Vodafone 360 and other trial apps they put on there and if so how in laymans terms to go about it please. I have read most of the posts but I am not sure if this includes the Desire HD handset. Thanks :D

This thread is NOT for the HD if you want to do it you had better head over to the HD forum and see what they have there, this is for the Desire only!!!!

Upvote 0
Hi

I need correct RUU for H3G UK for HTC DESIRE SLCD
Sorry to bother you mate
but I hope you are the one who can help me out
I just installed the RUU from one of your thread on my htc deisre .93 Hboot, clockworkmod recovery 3.0.0.0 radio rom 32.44, and then i installed RUU for H3G UK and now my phone's display is gone as i can feel vibration, lights working but touch screen is not working

I am not sure if my touch screen is SLCD/AMOLED and there is not specified on RUU links if they are for SLCD/AMOLED.

Even I can not send it back to three.co.uk as I am not sure if on the phone three software is installed including recovery, radio etc or some custom rom.

I will be glad if you could reply to me and send me some link of both SLCD and AMOLED displays RUU.

Many Thanks

Raj

Upvote 0
I think he is mistaken. There isn't one here. What exactly are you looking for?

Just rec'd my Alltel CDMA Desire yesterday. Has Android 2.1, and I am poking around, trying to find a CDMA 2.2 ROM to update to, either an official HTC release, or if there is an Alltel 2.2 CDMA version available.

My phone came rooted with Unrevoked, ClockworkMod recovery, and wiped to factory with the Alltel ROM. It's working fine, but some say that 2.2 is better / faster.

Wondering also, if I can update my radio? If it's necessary

I'm new to Android, so need a little hand holding...

Thanks for any direction you can provide

Upvote 0
Just rec'd my Alltel CDMA Desire yesterday. Has Android 2.1, and I am poking around, trying to find a CDMA 2.2 ROM to update to, either an official HTC release, or if there is an Alltel 2.2 CDMA version available.

My phone came rooted with Unrevoked, ClockworkMod recovery, and wiped to factory with the Alltel ROM. It's working fine, but some say that 2.2 is better / faster.

Wondering also, if I can update my radio? If it's necessary

I'm new to Android, so need a little hand holding...

Thanks for any direction you can provide

Being rooted is good.

Extracting a radio from an RUU is no easy feat and all the radio's you can download are NOT for CDMA so completely strike the idea of upgrading your radio from your mind. :)

See the Rooting FAQ in my sig. This will tell you all you need to know about flashing a custom ROM.

Here are all the CDMA Custom roms you can use.

There are sense roms, Vanilla roms and MIUI roms available for you. Also CM7 is vanilla 2.3 (Gingerbread). Vanilla means no-sense

[CDMA/USCC] Pre-Rooted 2.2 RC3/Final
[CDMA/USCC] MIUI 12.3.1
[CDMA/USCC] MIUI for Desire C
[CDMA/USCC] HTC Desire C ROMS
[CDMA/USCC] CyanogenMOD 6.1.1 Desire C
[CDMA/USCC] HTC Desire Froyo 2.2 with Sense UI
[CDMA/USCC] CyanogenMOD Nightlies
[CDMA/USCC] The Ultimate Droid v2.5.0
[CDMA/USCC] CyanogenMOD CM7 RC2
[CDMA/USCC] SleekSense

Links taken from this thread, which is worth keeping an eye on

Desire Index - Everything Desire is here! [UPDATED: 26/4] [Organise and Megu Update] - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Being rooted is good.

Extracting a radio from an RUU is no easy feat and all the radio's you can download are NOT for CDMA so completely strike the idea of upgrading your radio from your mind. :)

See the Rooting FAQ in my sig. This will tell you all you need to know about flashing a custom ROM.

Here are all the CDMA Custom roms you can use.

There are sense roms, Vanilla roms and MIUI roms available for you. Also CM7 is vanilla 2.3 (Gingerbread). Vanilla means no-sense

[CDMA/USCC] Pre-Rooted 2.2 RC3/Final
[CDMA/USCC] MIUI 12.3.1
[CDMA/USCC] MIUI for Desire C
[CDMA/USCC] HTC Desire C ROMS
[CDMA/USCC] CyanogenMOD 6.1.1 Desire C
[CDMA/USCC] HTC Desire Froyo 2.2 with Sense UI
[CDMA/USCC] CyanogenMOD Nightlies
[CDMA/USCC] The Ultimate Droid v2.5.0
[CDMA/USCC] CyanogenMOD CM7 RC2
[CDMA/USCC] SleekSense

Links taken from this thread, which is worth keeping an eye on

Desire Index - Everything Desire is here! [UPDATED: 26/4] [Organise and Megu Update] - xda-developers

Thank you.

I will look at the ROM flashing link in your sig, and if I have any further ??, I will PM you.

Kindly,

Robert

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones