• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo RUU update available

Quick question please ...
I have tried twice now using the O2 RUU, but it just gets stuck on the screen that say's waiting for bootloader .......
Its been on that screen for about 20 mins now?
I have an O2 Desire with the standard O2 bootscreens etc.
As far as I understood, I didn't need to make a Goldcard?
Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated please
Thanks in advance :)
Regards

Upvote 0
Quick question please ...
I have tried twice now using the O2 RUU, but it just gets stuck on the screen that say's waiting for bootloader .......
Its been on that screen for about 20 mins now?
I have an O2 Desire with the standard O2 bootscreens etc.
As far as I understood, I didn't need to make a Goldcard?
Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated please
Thanks in advance :)
Regards

Mine went through nice as pie, it did take a while though, only thing I can think of is when you put your phone into fastboot, did you wait for the fastboot drivers to install, cos I almost didn't.

Upvote 0
Mine went through nice as pie, it did take a while though, only thing I can think of is when you put your phone into fastboot, did you wait for the fastboot drivers to install, cos I almost didn't.

Hmmmmm ... you will never guess what the problem was :eek:

I failed to mention I was running on Windows 7 x64.
I just did it from my spare PC with Windows XP, and it worked first time :D

Loving this phone entirely ....

Upvote 0
In the end I went for the Unbranded Stock 2.2.

Very simple flash procedure, failed the first time due to my GoldCard.
Re did that and it worked a treat.

Used my 8GB SD as the GoldCard, and have that in the phone now will all my pics & music on.

Made a spare GoldCard using the original 4GB SD.. just incase.

I take it it I decided to flash the 02 rom, I wouldn't need the GoldCard anyway..

Upvote 0
If I install this ruu, will I be able to install the Telus release once it is available? Will there be any real differences between this file and the one Telus releases?
Don't hold your breath on Telus releasing it, by then Gingerbread 3.0 will be out. I'm going to guess spring 2011 is when they'll push it OTA, I was going to wait for Froyo myself but decided to flash it with OpenDesire.

You can flash it back to 2.1 using recovery as long as you keep the backup, that's what I did.

Upvote 0
Don't hold your breath on Telus releasing it, by then Gingerbread 3.0 will be out. I'm going to guess spring 2011 is when they'll push it OTA, I was going to wait for Froyo myself but decided to flash it with OpenDesire.

You can flash it back to 2.1 using recovery as long as you keep the backup, that's what I did.

As long as i keep what backup?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones