• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Froyo Search Sucks

xgb788

Lurker
Aug 23, 2010
So since Froyo not only has my phone gotten hot while being idle and battery life gotten worse, but the universal search sucks.

When I hit search, it is set to search all, but only pulls up stuff i have found previously (for things that are on the phone) or does a web search.

Any fixes?

OK, since the latest update, my battery life has gotten better. But the search still SUCKS!

For example, when I used to hit the search button and type 'batt' the battery status and indicator under the 'about phone' screen under the 'settings' app would come up. Now it doesn't.

Also, when I used to hit the search button and type someone's name, it used to bring up their name from my contacts, now it does not.

Yes, I have it set to search all things.

Anyone having the same problem?

Upvote 0
OK, since the latest update, my battery life has gotten better. But the search still SUCKS!

For example, when I used to hit the search button and type 'batt' the battery status and indicator under the 'about phone' screen under the 'settings' app would come up. Now it doesn't.

Also, when I used to hit the search button and type someone's name, it used to bring up their name from my contacts, now it does not.

Yes, I have it set to search all things.

Anyone having the same problem?

peoples names would not come up for me until i changed the setting to include people. if you have all things checked, maybe your search list is too long.

Upvote 0
FROYO (2.2) SUCKS!
Don't load this crap on your phone, it’s crippleware, it doesn't allow pdanet to run, it prevents you from creating a wifi hotspot, would not let me get on to many wifi sites, does not allow real skype to work, it loads a worthless crippleware version of skype that will not let you make internet calls, it ruins the battery life, and they load a bunch of crappy software and does not allow you to delete it. Things that 3rd party apps allowed you to do Froyo no blocks you from doing those things, Froyo Sucks! And they won't let you revert back to 2.1 once you do it, you’re stuck. Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit. I don’t want to risk rooting until my contract is up. There are no files of 2.1 around to load back on, no known way yet to downgrade back to 2.1. Verizon has a long history of crippling their phones, this is the most blatant crippling yet. I paid big buck for 2.1 features, now that they have my money they took those features back without my permission, they robbed me without warning, lying to me saying it was an upgrade, it is mainly a crippling to force you pay them to do things I was able to do for free on the phone that I paid them for. Posting in a couple places just to warn as many people as I can before they ruin their phone. I can’t risk rooting while under contract. I’ll try rooting when my contract is up, then if I brick it I can go get an iphone or something. (iphone mainly for the Universal Search, and the Universal cut/copy/paste, the two most important things that a PDA can have, the Palm OS had it but Palm OS is gone now, replaced by Palm WebOS which does not have it, iphone finally got Universal search and copy/paste, it’s the only PDA phone now that does have it. If I do switch, I’ll come back to Android when they finaly get a true universal search and a true universal cut copy past and desktop version to sync with.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones