1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Froyo update now phone not working! Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carlton, Aug 3, 2010.

1. carlton

carlton Member

May 26, 2010
    Hi
    I was asked to update to froyo ,went through the process when the phone re-booted I have no signal and get the message system error ( Force close/Wait) The phone is now trying to restart every 5 minutes very strange. I have no idea what to do next. It looks like the update has somehow caused a major problem anyone got any advice.
    Regards
    Carton:mad:

Advertisement

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    Try removing the battery then replace it & then start up the phone, see if that helps

3. carlton

carlton Member

May 26, 2010
    Tried replacing the battery still the same . When it is turned on it keeps re starting , I am on o2 but i think the phone is branded to virgin as the logo used to appear on startup could this be a problem.

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    Does the phone manage to start up fully so you can get to settings & try a factory reset?

5. carlton

carlton Member

May 26, 2010
    Yes can get to settings. How do i get to factory settings. Will i lose my paid for apps.
    Cheers for your help

6. carlton

carlton Member

May 26, 2010
    Phone seems to be in a loop of restarting .

7. Steve_S_T

Steve_S_T Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Got the same problem here too. I've been trying various things for a while now (including factory reset) with no success. One thing I have just noticed though is that in Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Running > Android System is showing 0.00B. Open it up and it shows version 2.2 but not a byte of data. Phone can't seem to find WiFi, SIM card, SD card, GPSnowt at all (not surprising if there's no OS I suppose). Phone keeps re-starting every 3 - 5 minutes too. Urgent help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

8. carlton

carlton Member

May 26, 2010
    Yes they are the exact same symptons. Not sure what to do next other than contact htc.

9. Steve_S_T

Steve_S_T Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    Ok, looks like I've cracked it now. After 4 attempts (each with increasing progress before failing) I managed to successfully install RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11_release_121865 over the hollow 2.2. Everything now worked again at least which was a great relief. Nevertheless I did a manual check for updates and got another download (maybe 1.15?). After this was set up I checked again and this time got offered 1.21. With that installed the phone re-booted but this time the sim card was locked. I bought an unlock code from here (cost about

10. carlton

carlton Member

May 26, 2010
    Hi Steve thanks for the information.
    I rang htc today and they took me through a full reset but still no luck. I did try your suggestions, but just couldn't get any sense out of the phone. It was constantly asking to force close and wouldn't let me manually install a lower firmware.
    The phone is being picked up tomorrow so hopefully they can sort it out.
    Thank for everyones help.
    Regards
    Carlton

Tags: