1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Froyo update on rooted droid

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jennay22, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    So I rooted my droid about 2 months ago. I have Bugless Beast V0.4 and I used SPRecovery. No joke, but as soon as I rooted, I got the official Froyo update from VZW:eek:. I clicked on install and it took me to recovery mode ( i think that's what it's called) and I just clicked on "reboot now" and my phone stayed rooted. Now I'm getting the Froyo update message about once a week (since then) and each time I just "reboot" the phone. Well today I got a text from VZW saying that my droid was sent the Android 2.2 update and to click for more info. What do I do and/or how do I stop the updates from coming? I love the way my droid is right now and do not want to change it. Thanks!:)

Advertisement

2. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Engineer
    Gulf Coast
    I got the same text yesterday. But I am running UD8. I think the text was more of a way of getting people to click the link to learn the new features.

Pete has actually posted something on how to stop the notifications on his site. Peter Alfonso

I waiting on BB V5!

jennay22 likes this.
  3. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    Thanks! SWEET! BB V5. Is there an eta for it?

4. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Network Admin
    Indiana
  5. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Male
    Engineer
    Gulf Coast
    UD8 is a really good ROM. I had problems the first time I tried it. Got stuck in a boot loop. Second time I bypassed account login screen and rebooted before setting it all up and it has been great. Love the options and the theme.

6. Grey1001

Grey1001 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    NorCal
    UD8 is running fine on my D1 as well, I guess some phones are just suited for different ROMs.

7. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Try this (credit to girlluvsdroid and sinfuldragon) it worked for me:

Originally Posted by SinfulDragon [​IMG]
    quoted from GirLuvsDroid

Hopefully, you have Root Explorer (and if you don't, I highly recommend it because it's so worth the couple of bucks). Here are the instructions to prevent to the FRG22D OTA update (which I was getting yesterday myself):

1. In Root Explorer, go to /system/
    2. Tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on build.prop and scroll down to Open in Text Editor
    3. Once the file is open as a text file, scroll down until you see the line that says: "ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys" and change it to read as follows:
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG22D/50454:user/release-keys
    4. Tap the back key and say "Yes" when it asks you to save (it will automatically back up the original file for you)
    5. Tap Mount R/O at the top
    6. Reboot

You will no longer get the OTA update notifications, because Verizon will believe you already have it.

That didn't work for me until I changed the line above it that says "description" to match, now there's no more update. Thanks!