• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

froyo update rumor in South Korea.

namlee78

May 4, 2010
Good evening all,

I just spoke to the customer service which is located in Daegu, South Korea. This location might be in charge of froyo update and he, one of there engineer, told me that froyo update will be out in Sep. in Korea. Also there's rumor that tomorrow is the day Samsung will release this update.

Believe or not, I spoke to them and that's what they told me.
If they will release in Korea, I don't see why not in U.S.
I guess it will take long time to release in U.S. but, I'm just hoping that we'll get it someday in Oct.

P.S. Galaxy is really popular in Korea.

Good evening all,

I just spoke to the customer service which is located in Daegu in Korea. This location might be in charge of froyo update and he, one of there engineer, told me that froyo update will be out in Sep. in Korea. Also there's rumor that tomorrow might be the day.

I guess it might take longer time but, I'm just hoping that we'll get in here in U.S.

I don't know that Verizon would let it hit the Fascinate so soon. They normally have a crazy long testing period on sweeping updates like that. It would certainly be a welcome surprise though! I'd love some Froyo action by the end of the month.

The DX should be getting this any day now, though.

Upvote 0
Is south Korea cdma or GSM? Also, Verizon would still mess with the OS to put Bing and all the bloatware on it before releasing it. Why do you think it took Verizon so long to release their version of the Galaxy S?

So, Verizon is the one who put Bing and all the bloatware on it? I thought that it's the Samsung that had contract with microsoft or whatever...

Well, I don't like the fact that I switched from Incredible (Official 2.2) to Fascinate, but I already decided not to change back to incredible or buy another phone in 3 month. I'm just hoping that froyo will make huge difference from now at least, they can fix

1.GPS Issue
2.Google Search
3.Cassette adapter issue. (I was able to use my incredible as my mp3 player and my speaker phone by connecting cassette adapter. It was great because I do not need bluetooth and my ipod. But this Fascinate is not working this way. it works for mp3 but, when someone called me, they can't hear me.

Upvote 0
So, Verizon is the one who put Bing and all the bloatware on it? I thought that it's the Samsung that had contract with microsoft or whatever...
Verizon has a deal with Microsoft. They put Bing OTA on my BlackBerry before.

3.Cassette adapter issue. (I was able to use my incredible as my mp3 player and my speaker phone by connecting cassette adapter. It was great because I do not need bluetooth and my ipod. But this Fascinate is not working this way. it works for mp3 but, when someone called me, they can't hear me.
What is cassette adapter??? Why can't you connect with the USB port to play your music? :thinking: I have not tried answering call while playing music though. I assume the music will pause for you to answer, isn't it?

Upvote 0
I think its for cars with cassette deck and no auxiliary port.
Some cars up to 2007ish still had the cassette deck.

I have Lexus ES330 and I listen to the music from my ipod or my phone by using cassette Adapter. It is old but, works great. I can use my car streo for my phone and music. I was able to use my Incredible like that.

cassette_adapter_400x250.jpg

But, this Fascinate doesn't work. I can here caller with my car streo but, they can't hear me. Somehow it block mic. function.

I miss my incredible. :mad:

Upvote 0
Good evening all,

I just spoke to the customer service which is located in Daegu, South Korea. This location might be in charge of froyo update and he, one of there engineer, told me that froyo update will be out in Sep. in Korea. Also there's rumor that tomorrow is the day Samsung will release this update.

I guess it will take long time to release in U.S. but, I'm just hoping that we'll get it someday in Oct.

I like you Betty...Danny Sir....Danny

128681429876121217.jpg

I am begging you....PLEASE PLEASE do not start with the Froyo rumors on the Fascinate. I just went through 4 months of this on the Dinc forum and it got a bit out of hand, there are like 47,365 threads on Froyo release for the Dinc...lol. My cousin talked to this guy, my wife knows the CEO of the chip manufacturer....

Regardless....Verizon controls when Froyo will be released on the Fascinate after putting it through its rigorous testing process...it is , however, encouraging to hear that in SK they are getting closer to releasing Froyo. What this will provide for us is a clean framework to build off of and have a custom ROM developed...and then you can have Froyo before everyone else! :D

Upvote 0
Well that's interesting because with the Vibrant, I can hear the caller through the car speakers and the caller can hear me when I talk into the microphone when the phone jack is plugged into the aux input.

You are correct, if you plugged into the aux input, it will work.
My problem is I don't have aux input. :mad:

Only I can do is buy cassette adapter with mic. ioi

Did you try plugged into the aux input, meantime connect to bluetooth??
I guess aux input and bluetooth can't work together.

Upvote 0
Good afternoon,

I was going to turn on my phone and it didn't turn on so, I pushed power button long time or couple times then it shows manaul recovery setting on my phone.

I do not remember correct but,

1.reboot your phone manulay (?)
2.reset your phone, factory reset
3.reset all cache...
4. don't know what was here..

Well, somebody know how to get this point?
I took out battery and trun on, then still show this screen
I move to number 1 by using my left up and down key and click home botton then, it reboot my phone. I think that if I could get this screen, I would like to do reset all cache...

Somebody know how I can get to that point again?
Thank you so much!!

Upvote 0
I like you Betty...Danny Sir....Danny
I am begging you....PLEASE PLEASE do not start with the Froyo rumors on the Fascinate. I just went through 4 months of this on the Dinc forum and it got a bit out of hand, there are like 47,365 threads on Froyo release for the Dinc...lol. My cousin talked to this guy, my wife knows the CEO of the chip manufacturer....

Regardless....Verizon controls when Froyo will be released on the Fascinate after putting it through its rigorous testing process...it is , however, encouraging to hear that in SK they are getting closer to releasing Froyo. What this will provide for us is a clean framework to build off of and have a custom ROM developed...and then you can have Froyo before everyone else! :D

Well I think if Froyo gets released for the Galaxy S, the rom developers should be able to get us a rom long before Verizon. Of course you'll need to be rooted. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones