1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Froyo voice recognition

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frankiedog, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Frankiedog

Frankiedog Newbie

While I'll admit I have a slow 'southern drawl', I was amazed at the voice to text feature of the Evo when I first got it. I use it for 90% of my texting.

Since the 2.2 update I am having a terrible time getting it to accurately recognize 50% of my speech.

Is anyone else having this problem or did they just remove 'hillbilly' dialect? :D
    BTW I am running the unofficial .3 version.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Android Expert

no problems here and while i can't claim they have a specific dialect seems like this captured it correctly

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert

humm... today I used voice to text for the first time in a while. needed to send a text while driving. had the radio on and the A/C blasting in recirc mode (lots of background noise). I spoke about a 12 word sentence and it picked it up flawlessly. I didnt want to turn off my AC on a hot PHX afternoon. I was impressed. :)

4. Caloy

Caloy Android Expert

i'm testing this using for years voice recognition. ***End voice recognition***

Hey that's not to bad, considering that I said - "I'm posting this using Group's voice recognition."

Edit::: I've typed "I'm posting this using Froyo's voice recognition... I guess the auto edit changed Froyo's to Group's... Oh well, even the keyboard is not perfect. I guess I'll go back to swype... LOL

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews