1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Froyo voice recognition

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Frankiedog, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Frankiedog

Frankiedog Member

Jun 7, 2010
    While I'll admit I have a slow 'southern drawl', I was amazed at the voice to text feature of the Evo when I first got it. I use it for 90% of my texting.

Since the 2.2 update I am having a terrible time getting it to accurately recognize 50% of my speech.

Is anyone else having this problem or did they just remove 'hillbilly' dialect? :D
    BTW I am running the unofficial .3 version.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    no problems here and while i can't claim they have a specific dialect seems like this captured it correctly

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    humm... today I used voice to text for the first time in a while. needed to send a text while driving. had the radio on and the A/C blasting in recirc mode (lots of background noise). I spoke about a 12 word sentence and it picked it up flawlessly. I didnt want to turn off my AC on a hot PHX afternoon. I was impressed. :)

4. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Mad Scientist! MUAHAHAHA!
    Richmond, TX
    i'm testing this using for years voice recognition. ***End voice recognition***

Hey that's not to bad, considering that I said - "I'm posting this using Group's voice recognition."

Edit::: I've typed "I'm posting this using Froyo's voice recognition... I guess the auto edit changed Froyo's to Group's... Oh well, even the keyboard is not perfect. I guess I'll go back to swype... LOL

Tags: