1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Froyo weather animations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 00mcd00, Sep 2, 2010.

1. 00mcd00

00mcd00 Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Just got my OTA this morning and very excited. One thing though, I now have the unlock weather animations and don't really want/need them, does anyone know how to turn them off in froyo? I tried the weather app but couldn't find it there.

Advertisement

2. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    It's just part of HTC's pretty clock/weather widget.

Two options come to mind.

1) Find and install Fancy Widgets. It's a very close copy of the HTC widget but doesn't have any animation. It's no longer available on the market.... it was a little too much like HTC's. But if you google you should be able to find an .apk around somewhere.

2) Install WidgetLocker. It's a very cool replacement lock-screen that can disable animations. (They're turned on by default, but can be disabled.) It costs $2, but I don't regret for a minute having bought it. And I've only paid for a couple of apps. Also, the dev is super-responsive.

3. 00mcd00

00mcd00 Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Oh duh, I have widgetlocker and I forgot that it had that option in it to disable the animations. Thanks for the reminder, got it turned off.

4. BoulderAndroidFan

BoulderAndroidFan Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Multimedia
    West
    Thanks for this thread. I had the same thing too. Loving widgetlocker, though!

5. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    OMG!!!! THAT is why my animations disappeared!!! :eek:

I can't believe I never put that together. About 2 days after getting 2.2 I received the .apk for Fancy Widget and put it on my phone. Not long after I realized that I haven't been getting the animations! I never put two and two together and just thought that 2.2 broke them somehow. I messed around with settings in the Dinc, in Launcher Pro and in Widget Locker for hours trying to get them back and never figured it out.

I can't believe it was Fancy Widget the whole damn time. Total suck :( I really like the app, but I also loved those animations. No I have to choose :(

6. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Headhunter
    Western PA
    Is fancy widgets better than beautiful widgets?