• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo wifi hotspot

Shieldfire

Jul 22, 2010
Tyres
Has anyone managed to get it to work with a Linux laptop? In the countryside where i am my mobile broadband fails frequently so it's a good feature. My Win7 laptop connects easily, but my LInux laptop doesn't.
Haven't spent much time on the problem either - so before I do, anyone got it to work or is it a waste of time trying to?

Hi - I have just tested this with my laptop running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx - works correctly. I have also used the hotspot with my MacBook running Snow Leopard. As per the other post, I would look at your wifi security key - the default is 1234567890 I believe, although you can specify. Cheers :)

Has anyone managed to get it to work with a Linux laptop? In the countryside where i am my mobile broadband fails frequently so it's a good feature. My Win7 laptop connects easily, but my LInux laptop doesn't.
Haven't spent much time on the problem either - so before I do, anyone got it to work or is it a waste of time trying to?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones