1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Froyo will be available 3/25!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jenny Z, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Jenny Z

Jenny Z Member

"We know you have been asking for specifics on when VM will be getting the update to Android Froyo 2.2....it will be available about 3/25."

Twitter

Yeah!

Advertisement

JonIndie, radiocycle and Darkseas like this.
  2. Gareatron

Gareatron Well-Known Member

Is that confirmed?

3. Jenny Z

Jenny Z Member

It's the official VM twitter account, where they announced the springtime release, so take from that what you will.

Gareatron likes this.
  4. Gareatron

Yes i just went to twitter and check out. Thanks for passing along the message ive been getting anxious for the release date for froyo.

5. harvickchick

harvickchick Android Enthusiast

6. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Good thing I follow their Twitter account! Thanks for the news!

7. MadBroke

MadBroke Newbie

Does that mean we all get to update on 3/25, or is it going to roll out to everyone during the week?

8. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Android Enthusiast

I just came here to post about the same thing.

9. kcmartz

@madbroke around the week. It is not rolled out all at once in one day.

10. bigbubba

bigbubba Member

Did anyone else notice the word "about", when VM uses about it's like your parents saying they will think about it. Do not hold your breath!

11. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Apparently, Samsung is always slow with the updates (especially Galaxy S) and Froyo is giving them issues in other products.

Samsung Intercept Android

12. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Yes indeed. It will be here when it gets here and I am in no hurry.

Bob Maxey

13. JonIndie

JonIndie Member

you are in no hurry.. really?

they've already released 2.2 on sprint.. yes there were some bugs.. but they got them patched.. meaning our update should be a lot smoother.

I probably use this phone less than I've used any other phone because of how unresponsive it is.. it irritates me to where I don't want to even mess with the goodness of android.. I've gave up and only pick it up when I receive a new call or text. 2.2 is suppose to fix the slowness issues.. so I for one.. can't wait.

14. Gareatron

I for one are in a hurry im almost on the verge of dropping this phone and going to get the lg optimus v.

15. JonIndie

JonIndie Member

I feel the same.. but since froyo appears to be coming a little bit sooner for the intercept.. I'm going to wait and see how it performs before deciding to get the optimus.

16. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert

Nope, not in a hurry. My phone does what it is supposed to do and when I command, it obeys.

As for slow response and problems, perhaps your problems are not caused by the current software version; rather, something in your configuration or a bad app.

I spent the AM watching a few YouTube videos, I played music, sent email messages, visited a few favorite web sites, and other routine stuff. No issues or complaints.

For most things, I prefer my iPad because it is just better for many things my phone can do.

Bob Maxey

17. JonIndie

JonIndie Member

you're lucky that it works the way you want it too.

but it's a known issue out of the box with the samsung intercepts running android 2.1 to be non-responsive. especially the home button.. 3 out of 5 times when I hit the home button it acts like nothing ever happened.. and I have to keep tapping it. Sometimes I'll have to hit the end call button to turn the screen off, and turn it back on before the home button works like it's suppose to.. also the notification bar gets stuck and won't come down.. and you have to hold on the home button for 3 seconds until your recent apps pop up and back out of that.. for the notification bar to unstick.

PatrickD88 likes this.
  18. PatrickD88

PatrickD88 Well-Known Member

@JonIndie Thanks for the tip on the stuck pulldown notification bar. I've been rebooting when that occurs because the phone becomes practically useless. I'll try your trick next time.

19. kcmartz

@jonindie I have been doing the same thing as the poster above me.

20. radiocycle

radiocycle Newbie

VM superphone?? Tell me more....

21. EdAndInn

EdAndInn Well-Known Member

For Menu, Home, Back and Search keys not responding, press Call End/Power key once. It will wake up these keys and also the screen.

Also, pulling out slide-out keyboard wakes up these keys and also the screen.

On another note, would Virgin Mobile send out a list of instructions to get prepared for the Froyo (Android 2.2) upgrade? Did Sprint users receive any such instructions from Sprint?

22. sfollenius

sfollenius Newbie

It's coming very soon, any know if the update will generally happen overnight or will we have to go to settings about phone and select upgrade software?

23. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Android Enthusiast

Is it just my imagination, or did the VM Twitter account remove the tweet about the date being 3/25?

24. Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz Newbie

25. magohn

magohn Android Enthusiast

Its the "about" that concerns me. Also, zero other mention of the update ANYPLACE else. I think we will be waiting much longer than 3/25 :(