• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Froyo with Root...now what?

Upvote 0
what other methods are there?

That is the only method I am aware of at this time. If you have all the tools already, it only takes about 20 minutes to go through the entire process.

I've done it multiple times for a variety of reasons (the biggest one was trying to get all my Storm8 games to work until 2.2 - what a pain in the rear!!! - but that is a tirade for another thread).

Upvote 0
That is the only method I am aware of at this time. If you have all the tools already, it only takes about 20 minutes to go through the entire process.

I've done it multiple times for a variety of reasons (the biggest one was trying to get all my Storm8 games to work until 2.2 - what a pain in the rear!!! - but that is a tirade for another thread).

I know I have done i six times...for a variety of reasons as well

Upvote 0
he rooted his droid. not the droid x.

anyways, back on topic cuz i'd like to know what else i can do as well. so far i installed root explorer, autokiller and drocap2.

titanium backup is a must. backs up the apps + data you wanna back up in case you ever have to wipe/flash your phone.
clockworkmod recovery (droid x bootstrapper) - this allows you to make a full backup of the phone. if you make a mistake monkeying around with your phone, you can restore it to a working state.
themes - you can change the way certain things look on the phone (status bar, fonts, icons, menus)
boot animations - there are all sorts of different cool boot animations you can put on your phone.
overclock - you can speed up the processor to make the phone faster and snappier (not yet on 2.2) and you can undervolt it, which helps save battery.
you can dial in your phones processor with SetCPU, which will increase performance, or increase battery life (or both, if you get it right).

there is just so much you can tweak with a rooted phone. have a look around, and you will see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones