1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Froyo wont install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cdman2008, Feb 5, 2011.

1. cdman2008

cdman2008 Newbie

like the title says, froyo wont install. it will download then i click on the restart/install button and it will restart then the install screen will show up for a few seconds then it will go right back to the unlock screen. ill check to see if it installed 2.2 and it didnt, then ill check to see if there is an update avaible and it says my phone is up to date. so i have to do a factory reset to get it to say there is an update avalible. then the whole precess starts over again.

edit: superuser is still there, i tried getting rid of it with z4root and unversal androot, both of them say my phone is not rooted, so i try to root it and unversal says there was an error and z4 restarts like it rooted but when it comes back it still says my phone isnt rooted.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Android Enthusiast

Have you deleted any apps (bloatware) are you on a custom rom (velocity, punisher, raptor) do you have a custom recovery (amon ra, clockwork) if any of this is true you need to complete the Froyo Root Guide.

3. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Android Enthusiast

Did you remove stock apps while your phone was rooted? Many times the update will not install because certain apps are removed that are needed for the update. The best way to update to 2.2 is with Trident's guide and not with the OTA anyway.http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/263285-guide-froyo-2-2-1-root-users.html It lets you keep Fastboot and a custom recovery. If you plan on flashing ROM's or just getting the full potential of the phone I would not advise taking the OTA. The guide may look overwhelming, but if you follow it step by step, you will be way better off in the long run. ;)

4. cdman2008

cdman2008 Newbie

well i made a backup before loading the custom rom, i restored to the backup havnt had issues getting any of the other updates, i guess froyo is a diffrent kind of an update than the others were.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews