1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Froyo wont play/recognize mp4 movies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by biggdogg, Aug 1, 2010.

1. biggdogg

biggdogg Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm currently running Bugless Beast V.04 on my Droid1. I just noticed that since I started running the Froyo 2.2 build on my phone that I've lost the ability to play any of my Mp4 movies that I have on my SD card. The movies are formatted for the Droid and worked fine on the stock 2.1 video/ media player. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm wondering if its the ROM or is just a different video player all together with the 2.2 builds so they can use the flash player. Flash works flawlessly and YouTube still works ( at least it loads quicker ) but when I try to play a movie it gives some kind of error code . When I switch to the movie player it says " video cannot be played" ( just like when you tried to play a flash video on 2.1 stock) . Does anyone know if its just because the build of Froyo is not complete and will be fixed when the official OTA is released? If its an oversight by Motorola /Verizon we better keep it quite or they might push the date up again! LOL, Seriously though, any ideas why this doesn't work???

Advertisement

2. riffdex

riffdex Android Enthusiast

Jan 28, 2010
    This has been a problem for me since I got Froyo (as well as many other users). There are some MP4 videos I have that simply will not play on Froyo. However, I do have a few that work (maybe they are a different resolution/bitrate and therefore work better, idk?). Either way, I don't think this would be a problem on the official Droid release of Froyo. Most likely a problem with the leaked Froyos we are using on our Droids, that were not meant for Droid to begin with.

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Android Expert

Nov 1, 2009
    Have you tried RockPlayer?