1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by povo1, Jun 24, 2013.

1. povo1

povo1 Lurker

hi does anyone have or know where i could download a nandroid backup of froyo system?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Hi povo1 and welcome to AF. What's happening that you need a nandroid back up? It might be hard to come by.

3. povo1

povo1 Lurker

thanks:D i'm running android 2.3.4 and want to downgrade to 2.2 and apparently i need to have a nandroid backup of it.

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

You could check Moto's site for an SBF file and use rsd lite to push the image. An SBF is the full factory restore for motorola phones. It will wipe everything out, including sdcard.

5. povo1

povo1 Lurker

ive tried that about 5 times before with different sbf files. it went to the froyo motorola boot image but got stuck in bootloop

6. OutOfPhase

You might not be able to downgrade. Is the bootloader unlocked on the milestone?

7. povo1

povo1 Lurker

not sure but how do i check?

8. Unforgiven

Nope, that sucker is encrypted and locked.:rolleyes::banghead:

9. povo1

povo1 Lurker

so is there any way around it or am i stuck on gb? :(

10. Unforgiven

I've dealt with D2 only (not the US Milestone) and if an SBF doesn't work, you are stuck with GB. Is there an issue you are trying to resolve that may be unrelated to the GB build?

11. povo1

povo1 Lurker

well i can flash android 2.3 sbf's fine on . theres no particular problem its just that i like 2.2 better.

12. Unforgiven

Ah, OK. I'll keep my eye out. I had never tried to downgrade, but thought with the SBF being the entire phone image it would work. I guess that isn't the case. I poked around the interwebs a bit and indications are you cannot downgrade.

13. povo1

povo1 Lurker

well there is a method to downgrade by restoring the nandroid backup and then flashing a froyo sbf

14. Unforgiven

Interesting, I wouldn't think that would work because the signature of the bootloader wouldn't match the kernel and the nandroid only restores the OS. Maybe it's been too long since I have mucked around with a Moto device and I have my wires crossed.:rolleyes:

15. povo1

povo1 Lurker

i think you have to downgrade the kernel first

16. OutOfPhase

I think there are software security issues that won't allow the down grade with the locked boot loader. You might be able to trick it by restoring a nandroid of froyo and then flashing the froyo sbf before re booting but getting that nandroid will be tough.

I am sorry to say you might be stuck with GB.

Motorola Milestone 2 Forum

The Motorola Milestone 2 release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP 3630 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews