1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Froyo?!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joepud, May 24, 2010.

1. joepud

joepud Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Anyone know if this is going to be available on Magics any time soon?

Advertisement

2. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

yes. probably.

3. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Scientist
    Newcastle upon Tyne
  4. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

not slightly buggy if it isn't usable as a daily driver. If you have a spare to play with then it is fine. For now the 2.1 is really good. 2.2 will no doubt be even better before long.

5. MoreYummy

MoreYummy Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2009
    2.1 can be ported into magic?

6. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Scientist
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    2.1 works fine on the Magic, you just need to root your phone and apply a 2.1 based custom ROM like cyanogen 5

7. CooL_SpoT

CooL_SpoT Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Cyanogen 5.0.7 is a working, stable Android 2.1 ROM. It's been my daily driver for the past few weeks (well, it and a couple of the test versions). I highly recommend it if you're looking for a 2.1 ROM.

There are also Smoki, CapySlide, and SuperD 2.1 ROMs, (and likely a few others I'm forgetting) but I have no experience with them at all.

Check out www.xda-developers.com to find just about anything you could want for a ROM. They'll be in the "myTouch 3G, Magic Android Development" forum.

8. jrstinkfish

jrstinkfish Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Installed Froyo on an HTC Magic last night. Some trial and error involved, but I am amazed at how fast it runs. Every now and then there is a little lag, but nothing that the user of a Magic wouldn't already be used to. I've yet to run into any FC, but then again, I haven't really hit it that hard (still running off WiFi since it's for someone else and I need their SIM to real-world test).

Just follow the directions on the Cyanogen Wiki, don't improvise, and be patient.

Tags: