• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo's keyboard for the EVO 4G. Loving it.

So I just d/l the froyo keyboard for the Evo4g. I absolutely love it. I find it much better than the stock. I also have swype which I love as well, but.. I have to be in the mood for it, heh, if that even makes sense.

I'm not sure if it's because of the evo's screen real estate, but it seems so smooth and accurate. Either way, I love it. Anybody else using it ?

I'm sure rooted users already have it, but for those who are NOT rooted, it's a nice feature.

I found it, by going to a website for the evo, which im sure you all have been on before. It's Good and EVO | Raising hell with the HTC EVO 4G for those who have not. Keyboard made available from xda-developers.

Much thanks to HatTrick327 for showing me that site.

Here's the page for the froyo keyboard for those who are interested in trying it out.

Stock Froyo keyboard available for HTC EVO 4G

Upvote 0
Cant get it to install. Im trying to install via Gmail. i click install then it says "the application you are installing will replace another application" i click ok then install gain but gives me a error. says "application not installed" Do i need to delete something first before i install this?

I'm not sure if this will help. But try transferring the .apk file to the sd card and using ASTRO file manager to install.

Upvote 0
who ever moniters this forum sucks donkey balls , they delete to many posts and threads for no reason
I personally take offense to that, but being that the servers had a minor hiccup and was the cause of so many threads/posts being lost, I will let this outburst slide.
But rest assured, the next time I once be so generous. If you have an issue with the way the forum is run, then address the staff via pm or post in the Suggestions section.
I also suggest to read the User Guidelines that you agreed to while signing up.

TS out

Upvote 0
I have tried virtually every keyboard out there:

Droid X - ehhhhh
Smart Keyboard Pro - 2nd favorite
Swiftkey Beta - not a fan
Better Keyboard - liked stock better
Swype - couldn't make the adjustment
Thick Buttons - nope

In my opinion this is by far the most accurate and user friendly. The two extra rows of punctuation keys and numbers are easy to access and extremely quick with a little practice.

Thanks again to optikalillusi0n for the post...

Reactions: optikalillusi0n
Upvote 0
I personally take offense to that, but being that the servers had a minor hiccup and was the cause of so many threads/posts being lost, I will let this outburst slide.
But rest assured, the next time I once be so generous. If you have an issue with the way the forum is run, then address the staff via pm or post in the Suggestions section.
I also suggest to read the User Guidelines that you agreed to while signing up.

TS out

lol dont take everything so personal , i had some things unposted , and was thinking YOU did it because i was black ???? lmoa just playing , calm , calm ... it will be ok

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones