• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Frozen / Invisible Widget on home screen

I have HTC Desire and ditched the default clock n weather widget for a new style clock , it worked fine till yesterday it froze on 5:05pm and is now stuck , when i try to press and hold to drag to REMOVE the personalization menu comes up , it's as though the widget isn't even there, i can also add new clock widgets to the home screen and they just get placed OVER the top of the old one. I can then hold and drop/remove the new widget but the old one still remains , frozen.

Also , i made some folders on another home screen for APPS , GAMES , NEWS , SPORTS etc , and decided to move them around from Home Screen4 to Home Screen2 ( Home Screen3 being the main central screen ) . When i dragged them across to the new screen , some games mysteriously jumped out of the folder , and over the top of other shortcuts on the main home screen , so i moved them back manually. Only to find that the shortcut that was covered over now does not function, rather like the Clock Widget frozen above it.

Basically , this all happened after i did a system update as everything was running sweet beforehand. Has that got anything to do with it, or , besides the drag and remove option , is there any other way of clearing my Home Screen of this frozen clock ?

NON of the above worked , this is an email i just sent to HTC Support

My weather widget and clock have stopped picking up my location , when i try to enter my town , it says City Not Found . I have uninstalled the widgets and re installed , turned phone off and on , all that malarky. Still nothing .
Also i have frozen widgets on my homescreen that i cannot select to drag and remove , when i hold my finger on them , the personalisation menu appears ( like it does when you press and hold on a clear area of the homescreen ) . It's as though the phone can not see the widget . Also i have multiple widgets 'overlapping' each other , i can select one and drag to move it but the one 'underneath' stays frozen and immovable.
All these problems have occurred since my latest software update
Android Version 2.3.5
HTC Sense version 3.0
Software Number 3.12.405.1

Is there any way of reversing the update, that might put me bac to normal as my device was working properly until this.

Awaiting reply !!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones