1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Frozen LG Stylo-Frozen At Startup

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jimmy305, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Jimmy305

Jimmy305 Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2016
    Male
    Hello, please help.

I have a LG Stylo which was working normally and has no damage to it. I turned it off today after my service with MetroPCS ran out for the month. The billing cycle had ended so I had no more service, obviously, but the phone was still functioning perfectly well-apps still opened,etc. I called and got the service with MetroPCS turned back on for free after a argument about not getting a full 30 day cycle for what I paid. I then turned the phone back on to see if Metro really did turn my service back on.

Currently, and for the last hour, upon turning the Stylo back on, it gets stuck on the white MetroPCS screen that normally comes on when the phone is turned on. I have seen the screen change and say "Andoid is starting" as well as "Optimizing apps 1 of 2" and Optimizing apps 2 of 2 Please do not remove battery" then it returns to the white MetroPCS screen. As if it is on a loop.

I called MetroPCS back to ensure that my service was turned back on-they said yes-and to ask if they possibly did something to prevent my handset from booting up. They said no, that would not be possible. I have tried removing the battery and SIM card, and that didn't resolve the issue. The phone was working perfectly fine before I powered it off. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You!

Advertisement

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Jun 7, 2010
    Male
    USA
    Reflash the kdz file.

Was it on Marshmallow or Lollipop?